"She's weak. She needs her mate" Shawn said just before he ended the call.

'Brian!'

'What happened?' Brian asked.

'I need to help Genevieve. You're in charge of the pack,' I told him. I didn't wait for a response, and I blocked him out. I walked into the forest and shifted into my black wolf. I ran to the castle.

I have no idea what was going on, but I had a feeling that it wasn't good. I got to the Royal Pack Lines and about twenty wolves came out. Some in wolf form, others human. They all got in a fighting stance. One man stepped forward.

He had familiar features, but I couldn't quite pin-point who he looked like. "Who are you?"

"Alpha Asher Reed of the Blue Moon Pack"

"Dad, let him in," Shawn's voice said. He walked out from behind the other men and motioned for me to follow him. I trailed behind him while the warriors watched me warily.

"Shawn. Why is he here?" Shawn's father asked.

"He's Genevieve's mate. Whether we like it or not, she needs him to survive" he replied stiffly.

"How would he help?" a warrior asked.

Shawn sighed. "Just by being near each other, mates give each other strength. Whether it be emotional or physical. Genevieve needs both." Everyone was quiet as we walked to the castle. What the hell is going on?

Shawn led me in the castle and we walked through hallways, until we stopped in front of a plain door. I could feel my mate's presence. Her scent was strong. I listened through the door, her heartbeat was weak. Shawn opened the door and we walked inside. Genevieve was lying on the hospital bed with machines and wires attached to her.

"What happened?" I asked Shawn as I took one of Genevieve's hands in mine. She was cold. I rubbed my thumbs on her hand, hoping to give her warmth.

"She's in a coma," Shawn stated.

I frowned as I got an achy feeling in my chest. "How long until she heals?" I asked.

"The doctor said that she may never heal," he said sadly.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"Sit down" Shawn demanded. I sat in the chair by the bed. "I'll tell you what happened, but no interruptions" I nodded in agreement. "She was weak after you rejected her. She got even weaker when you slept with that redheaded slu-"

"Wendy. Her name is Wendy." Shawn glared at me for interrupting.

Shawn continued his story. "You damaged her wolf. She wasn't responding at all. The doctor believes that her wolf is close to death. And without her wolf, Genevieve would be unable to survive. It only got worse" he sighed and rubbed his face. "The castle was attacked. The King and Queen didn't survive. We killed all the attackers, except those who were inside with the King and Queen. We decided that the Princess will choose what to do with them."

"I don't understand what any of this has to do with Genevieve," I stated.

"I wasn't finished" he stated. "We ran all the way over here. The fight was over, but Genevieve saw the King's and Queen's dead bodies."

"So she fainted at the sight of it," I concluded.

Shawn shook his head. "She fainted because she was hurt." I looked at my mate, checking for scratches or blood. "Not physically," Shawn assured me. "The King and Queen were her parents. And she saw what happened to them. She had to heal mentally. Unfortunately, her body thought it would be best to slip into a coma."

"She saw her parents' dead bodies?" I asked. Shawn frowned and nodded. "So where do I come in?" I asked.

"She will need you near her. You can help her heal, and you wolf might be able to contact hers," Shawn explained.

'Can you do it?' I asked Gavin.

'I'll try for our mate' Gavin responded stiffly. He's obviously still mad at me. Well deserved. 

"I have to go," Shawn said as he walked out the room. Thank the Moon Goddess he left. I don't wanna be in the same room as my mate's boyfriend. That's just awkward.

I heard the door close and I scooted my chair closer to my mate. I took her hand in mine and rubbed my thumbs on the back. "I'm so sorry. This is my fault. You wouldn't be here, like this, if I didn't reject you," I whispered to her still form. Guilt, sadness, and worry filled my whole body.

"I don't know if you can hear me or not." People say that when you're in a coma, you can still hear things. "I am so, so sorry. I take it back. I take it all back." I gently kissed her hand. "I take back the rejection. I take back saying it was your fault. Its not. Its my fault. I was an idiot for hurting you. And I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you. I promise I'll be a better mate. I'll do whatever you want. Just please wake up," I begged on the verge of breaking down.

She didn't show any reaction as I spoke. I felt guilty, angry, and worried. Its my fault that she was weak when she got here. I was so pissed at myself for doing this to her. And I was worried that she would never wake up from this. I looked at her face and pushed her hair away from her eyes.

"Please."