23. What happens in Sapanca...

Start from the beginning

"N'oldu aşkım? Iyi misin?" He asked caressing her hair.

She crossed her arms on her chest and kept looking in front of herself.

"Eda?"

"I am tired Serkan! Tired! Tamam mı?" She exploded. "I can't stand it anymore!"

"Is it about the wedding?"

"Evet! The wedding, babaanne, work... Everything!"

"We're almost there güzelim. It's the finish line. In two days we'll be married."

"Well it doesn't seem like it."

"Neden?"

"You're always working Serkan! We can't even decide on a wedding venue, or a theme, or even get anything done properly because you can't even put your damn phone down!"

"You know we have to get that project done as soon as possible so we can be free."

"I know!" She let out a frustrated sigh. "I know! And it drives me crazy! I mean... Everything had to happen so suddenly of course, right?"

Serkan pulled her to his side and kissed her temple. "I know this isn't how we would have liked things to go. If I could change it I would."

She sighed. "I know."

"O zaman?"

"It's just that... Sometimes... I feel like this whole wedding prep thing is bothering you. That maybe you don't want to get married anymore and..."

"Is that what you think?" He frowned and she nodded sheepishly. "Eda. There is nothing in this world – besides the arrival of our daughter – that makes me more happy than to know that you will become my wife and I your husband. Do you hear me? Nothing."

Eda sighed again. "Tamam."

"So lütfen, don't even think about that anymore."

"Peki. Then if you could at least put your phone on silence next time we have a meeting with the planner that would be much appreciated."

"Of course."

"Thank you."

Eda kissed his cheek and he kissed her forehead. They both got up and headed back to Art Life. Fortunately, the wedding planner was still there so they managed to fix a few details and finally settled on a venue and theme much to Eda's relief. The office was less crowded than usual, being it the end of the year, and her grandmother had had to go back to Mardin to settle a few of her affairs which worked perfectly well for them.

"Abi!" Engin shouted as he entered the office with Ferit. "We've got news!"

"What is it?"

"I was just on the phone with the client and he is coming tomorrow to Sapanca. What if we killed two birds in one stone? We could meet them and do your bachelor party there as well!"

Serkan nearly choked on the water he was drinking as Eda and the two men turned to look at him. He coughed loudly under the worried eyes of his fiancée.

"A b...bachelor party? O ne?"

"You know... A party to celebrate your last day of single life falan filan..."

"I know what a bachelor party is Engin," Serkan said with an annoyed voice. "But I don't need one."

"Come on! It's going to be fun! I'm sure Eda won't mind. Degil mi Eda?"

Eda gave a tight smile. "Sure," she said slowly. "You could go have fun after all..."

"Ha-yir! Even if you agree, I don't want to. We don't have time to go over there nor party the day before the wedding anyway. Either the client will come here or we'll have to postpone."