20. Silent agreement

A/N: I am so sorry it took so long. Enjoy!

The ride to the office was a silent one. The both of them were lost in their own thoughts and were reflecting on what Aydan had told them that morning. Once they had managed to calm her down and comfort her, she had gone back home with Seyfi. Afterwards, none of them had known what to say even though they both had a pretty clear idea as to who was behind the accusations against his father.

"What are you thinking about?" Serkan asked Eda after a while.

She looked at him then back at the road. "Nothing."

"Eda..."

"Serkan. Bak, I need to talk to her."

"You already did. You are not going to get anything more out of her."

"I have to try though. I have to find a way to make her confess."

"Eda..."

"Serkan!" Eda exploded turning to him. "Why can't you understand? This, is a warning. Who knows what she can do next!"

"Of course I understand! And that is exactly why I don't want you to go to her."

"What if she comes after you?"

"Then so be it! She won't be able to hurt me as long as I am with you."

"So what do you suggest then?"

"She is trying to scare us and sow discord between us. We can't let her do that. We have to be united against her." Seeing as she didn't say anything, he insisted. "Are you listening to me?"

"I'm listening."

"So do you promise you won't go up to her alone?"

"I can't promise that Serkan."

Since they had just stopped in front of the office, she took her bag and quickly got out of the car. She was already reaching the main entrance when Serkan caught up to her and grabbed her hand making her turn around. He held her shoulders firmly so that she could face him.

"Eda, lütfen. Try to calm down. Don't go to her. We have to think this through."

"I can't Serkan," she replied not looking at him.

"At least promise me you're not going to confront her right now." She finally looked at him. "Lütfen."

She rolled her eyes and huffed in annoyance. "Uff tamam!"

He kissed her forehead before they walked hand in hand into the office. On their way to their desks, co-workers came to congratulate them on their engagement. Apparently the word had been doing rounds amongst the team which didn't surprise them at all. Once they reached her desk, he kissed her hand before continuing to his.

To his relief, Semiha hanim had not arrived yet so he made sure to talk to Piril and Engin about his father's situation before telling anyone else. He could very well figure that people would soon find out about it and he wanted to be the one announcing it to the holding before any rumours started. He informed them that they would be holding a meeting as soon as his newest partner would arrive so that they could get things straight and come up with a strategy to unmask the culprit.

Around one hour later, the older woman finally came. She looked just as smug and arrogant as usual. Serkan greeted her with a forced smile and they soon called for the partners, the PR and Eda to come to the meeting room. Once Piril, Engin, Ferit, Balca and Eda were sat around the table, they started reviewing Semiha hanim's work suggestions to which Serkan agreed on, to his friends' – and new partner's – surprise. After that, they finally broached the sensitive subject of Alptkekin.