8

a/n:
4. CHAPTERS. LEFT. i honestly am really looking forward to sharing the last two chapters which ive already planned out as they are my FAVOURITE ones. lots of you have been asking whether i use songs as inspiration for some of my chapters and YES i do, i sometimes take parts of lyrics and use them in my chapters or use the theme of a certain song and base that around a chapter. i rarely do that and only use it as a last resort when i have nothing planned or have no motivation.

uhh tw: mentions of self harm and character death (nts ab the character death one, honestly idek whether this is one anymore because most of you are like 'wait- WHYS THERE NO TW' on things i don't think need one but anyways here we go...)

Marinette's POV:

I remembered the morning I had woken up on the day of the fight, my first instinct was to just pull my covers over my head and go back to sleep, however this voice in my head was telling me to get my lazy ass up and go to confront that bitch Luka.

I honestly should've listened to my heart instinct...

I practically dragged Adrien into my car after I realised just how serious his injuries were, honestly I never would've thought Luka would hurt him to that extent all due to PURE jealousy. I started the car and drove to the so-called nearest hospital, which definitely wasn't a 2 and a half hour drive away.
Around an hour into the drive there, we still hadn't exchanged a word. Just dead silence with the distant roaring of car engines as we approached the main road.

As much as I tried to focus on my driving and getting Adrien over to the hospital, this constant thought of why Luka had decided to just... sabotage him like that was bouncing around in my head, Adrien has been through a lot- WAY more than you probably think- and I never wanted him to get hurt, just for me.

I felt a light tap on my leg and glanced down to see Adrien's hand resting on my knee, I looked to the side to see him watching my driving intently while smiling, honestly this boy never fails to make my heart melt with that smile of his.

15 minutes later we'd finally arrived and he'd been taken into this special ward or whatever. The only thing that concerned me wasn't the strong alcohol scent filling the corridor, but the fact that I couldn't stay with him, not even a few minutes. A sudden wave of dread washed over me as I realised this could be the last time I ever see him...

The last time... ever...

Tears welled up in my eyes however I blinked them back and watched as he was taken away, I trudged out of the exit, finally releasing a breath I hadn't even realised I was holding in and finally let the crisp air fill my lungs after being stuck in that corridor which smelled like bleach or some shit.

I rang Alya and told her everything that had happened, since Adrien was going to be stuck in hospital for at least a week or two I decided to stay at Alya's, considering the fact the bakery would be dead as hell without him.

After I hung up the phone I finally stepped into my car and let out a loud sigh. I realised just how much of an important part Adrien played in my life. He brought life to the bakery after my parents had left, he brought light to my life when I was at my darkest points.

I can't imagine life without...

Him...

Adrien's POV:

The strong stench of alcohol and rubber.

Bright blinding lights shining in my eyes.

Plunged into darkness...

I awoke to find myself alone in a ward, I immediately panicked when I realised Marinette wasn't next to me and grabbed my phone from the side table, which I only realised existed now, and dialled her number as fast as I could, turns out she left a message for me, I definitely play a huge role in her life...

It All Started On Her BalconyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara