Chapter 17 || Grim Reaper

Your POV

I charge at yazuka members, killing them off one by one as I run through the building. I chase Akihiko, the leader of this yazuka gang. When he jumps out of a window, I follow until we land in a dark alleyway, getting drenched in rain immediately.

He turns to me and hisses out while pulling his sword from his scabbard.

"Temē naze konna koto wo suru? Oretachi temē ni nani mo shitenē daro!" (Why are you doing this? We never did anything to you!)

I wield my own swords and tilt my masked head, "Chikyū no hanbun sanosu ni yarareta... Omae wa naze buji nano..." (You survived... Half of the planet didn't. They got Thanos... you get me.)

We both engage in battle, metal clanking as we fight. He blocks my double attack with his katana, throwing me off him with his pointing at my chest.

Grunting, I stand tall, prepared for an attack, "Omae mo jūbun korshita daro." (You're done hurting people.)

With a slight scoff, Akihiko tilts his head, lowering his katana.

"Orera ga dato?" (We hurt people?) He laughs as he gestures to the dead bodies scattered around us.

"Ki demo kurutta ka!" (You're crazy!)

He now charges me and swipes his sword but I block the attack with my double ones, then kick him in the groin, causing him to stumble back. When he starts to run at me again I lift my sword, the point inches from his neck, causing him to stop dead in his tracks.

Akihiko lowers his sword, but I can feel in his head, knowing his next move. Before he goes to attack I side step him and kick my foot out, tripping him.

Grunting in frustration, he turns, "Shine!" (Die!) and charges once again.

He swings at my neck but I back bend under it and elbow his gut, then stand and kick him in the side of his knee. He swings again but our weapons clash, then again, and again until I punch him in the face. He stumbles back but goes to run at me again. I side step and slice at his neck, gashing it open. He freezes and turns around slowly, slapping his hand to cover the open wound.

Dropping to his knees, he reaches up at me, "Mate! Tasukete kure! Omae ni nan demo yaru! Nani ga hosī?" (Wait! Help me! I'll give you anything! What do you want?)

Walking closer, I kneel down to cup his chin with my hand. I allow him to look me in the eyes before I speak in English this time, "What I want, you can't give me."

I stand up and slide one sword back into the holder, then hold the other one straight up with two hands on the handle before plunging it through his skull.

Sensing someone behind me, I feel around for a mind and see images of the Avengers, of me laughing, of Nat and I training.

Natasha.

Ripping the sword out of Akihiko's head, I wipe it clean on my sleeve before returning it to its scabbard. I pull my hood down and take my mask off, sighing exhaustedly.

"You shouldn't be here."

I can feel her grief for me, in her mind I can see her crying over me, over the news of my killings. I can see her having the same conversation with Rhodes over my whereabouts and repeating that she isn't giving up on me.

"Neither should you."

Her voice is steady, more mature than the last time I saw her. The time where I kicked her out of my life. I remember feeling her heart shattering, I remember feeling her grief. I remember all of her feelings that day, and how I broke her. I broke my best friend. And still, she's here. But why?