the keys

april
post-production

The city has hints of pink to it now, cherry blossoms blooming along the sidewalks. There aren't as many umbrellas and every last hint of snow has gone. You try to get out at least once a day, the air still cold in your nose as you breathe but it's refreshing.

There are worst days for you to find out you didn't get the part you wanted.

Pula
Any news baby?

You
They went another way

Pula
The wrong way
There'll be more zână

You
I miss you

Pula
And I miss you
I'll be back soon

You
When?

Pula
Not sure
Will let you know when I do

You
Okay
Can't wait
NY is lonely without you

Pula
And LA isn't the same without you

You reach his building and make your way up the stairs. You love it here, his neighbours are so nice. They keep themselves to themselves and let you do the same. You share greetings if you see people in the lobby, trying to figure out who belongs to which door.

You get his keys from your pocket while sipping at an iced tea.

The apartment is quiet, even the city a bit subdued today as if the day's too nice to ruin with sirens. There's a breeze from the windows which wasn't there when you left, the curtains swaying slightly as it blows.

Sebastian has a little wooden bowl by the door for his keys, not that you ever remember to use it. But today, you throw them into it, feeling slightly proud that you won't have to panic to find them later on.

"So, you've moved in, then?" A voice comes from the stairs and you jump, bringing a hand to your chest.

"Fuck, Seb!" You slide your iced tea onto the side before running to him.

You wrap your hands around his neck, standing on your tiptoes so you can hug him tight. He buries his nose in your neck, showering you with all the kisses you'd missed.

"Fuck, I've missed you." He whispers in your ear, sending shivers down your spine.

"Hmm, I missed you too, you liar."

"It's called a surprise." Sebastian pulls away, just enough to see your face. "Imagine my surprise when you're not at home and my key isn't in the little key safe thing. Thankfully, you were kind enough to leave a window open so I could climb in."

"Oh, shit, sorry."

"But, surprise!" He plants his lips on yours.  And you melt into each other, lost in each other's mouths. Fingers in his hair as you pull him closer as if it was possible. "Hmm." He moans as his hands trail down to your waist, teasing your skin. "Is this my t-shirt?" Sebastian whispers as he lifts it towards your head. 

"I didn't want to go home." You say, arms in the air as the fabric tickles against your wrists before it falls to the floor. "Your underwear is comfier than mine, too."