2. Molly

"That's a basketball team here!" Giselle whispered in a shout as she buzzed past me in the dressing room.

"A basketball team?" I looked confused. I finished the last of my makeup and tightened the straps on my flowy gown.

"Yes! NBA! Money baby!!" She laughed. Giselle had worked here the longest of all of the girls. She was a tall, leggy blonde with blue eyes and a perfect fake tan. She had fake boobs and the guys loved it. Some of the ladies too.

"Let's hope!" I cheered, laughing at her excitement. I was thankful for her, she helped me when I first started here and guided me with how to handle the whole experience. Each night she made this more bearable and for that, I would forever be grateful.

I could hear the DJ announcing the lineup for the evening and knew I was up. I always went on first then a short appearance later. In between that time I worked the floor. I straightened my cover and tightened my ponytail as I waited for him to introduce me. I could hear my music playing, I always picked music with heavy bass lines. I think I did it to help drown out the thoughts in my head. The guilt, the sadness, the worry, all of the emotions I didn't want to feel. All drowned out by the beat drumming in my ears as I danced. For those few minutes, when I took the stage as Gianna, all of the day-to-day stressors were gone, and I was someone else. It was a powerful feeling that some nights didn't last long enough.

When I sashayed out to the stage and to my place, I was taken aback. I usually found myself surrounded by older men, middle-aged men, and the occasional group of women but not this time. The stage was surrounded by what I presumed to be the basketball team Giselle had mentioned. All young, handsome men, at the edges of the stage, watching. I suddenly felt like it was my first night all over again. My mouth was dry and my heart was racing. The nerves were starting to take over and I had to shake them off. I finally found my rhythm and started to sway then eventually making my way to the pole I was becoming far too good at.

After finishing my set, I grabbed a glass of water and sat for a moment at my dressing table. I don't know what had come over me, the guys may not have been our usual clientele but the nerves coming back out of nowhere was not good. I couldn't risk losing this job and losing any money. Thankfully I got it together and completed my dance without issue and the guys showered me with cash in return. Now, I had to get ready to get out to the floor and mingle, and again I felt nervous.

"I'm about to be up, go enjoy those players, they're loose with the cash!" Giselle giggled as she adjusted her tassels. "There's one out there who couldn't take his eyes off you. Dark hair, the most amazing blue eyes." She paused for a moment, winking at me. "I could see some tats peaking out on that deliciously tan skin of his too."

"Break a leg." I joked as I shook my head at her, pulling my stockings up and pushing the girls back into their place. One final glance in the mirror and I was set. Taking a deep breath, I pulled back the curtain to the floor just as Giselle a.k.a. Yvonne took the stage.

I hit the usual clients up first, knowing where they always sat, making my friendly rounds. While I was doing so I could feel eyes on me, and though I was used to that feeling, this was different. Every time I tried to turn to look whichever customer was wanting my attention at the moment would direct me back to them. I finally broke free from the regulars and made my way over to the ballers. I had to take a deep breath and force confidence, shaking off the nerves as I sauntered to a table with a redhead.

"Good evening." I purred. "Can I get you, fellas, anything?" I smiled. Usually, I was able to put on a good enough act but tonight I was off my game. These guys had me all flustered, second-guessing my ability to perform and I had no idea why until I turned and saw the most amazing blue eyes I've ever seen. My heart rate had to be through the roof and I'm pretty sure my mouth fell open for a minute as I locked eyes with the most beautiful man I'd ever seen.

He looked uncomfortable, maybe? Or confused. I couldn't place it, but he kept his eyes locked on me. Running his hand through his dark locks, I swear he was mumbling to himself a variety of swears. I was so distracted with this amazing specimen of a man that I almost didn't notice the guy behind me, tugging on my g-string. I snapped around and as sweetly as possible told him no. I knew better than to be hateful with a customer, not only would that result in no tips, but I'd get bitched out by the club owner, Randall. Considering these guys had to be VIPs, I knew I had to tread very carefully.

"Oh come on now baby. You know for the right price I can rip the g-string right off that tight little pussy of yours." The guy slurred. He had blondish hair, brown eyes, and really bland features. He was clearly drunk off his ass.

"Sorry love, but hands to yourself. I'm not available for any price for anything other than dancing." I got out with a shaking voice, trying to keep my cool. I continued to make my way through their group of tables but had to stop several times to swat at the hands coming at me. This was nothing new but not usually so many at one time. I kept stealing glances at the blue-eyed man who hadn't seemed to take his eyes off me.

"I want a dance bitch." I heard the blonde douche call out to me. I cringed, knowing he was not going to make my night easy. Sighing heavily, I turned in his direction. If I didn't know better I swear my blue-eyed admirer was clenching his jaw at his friend. I walked toward the douche and plastered on a smile. "I'll gladly give you a dance, but it'll cost you and you can't call me bitch." His glassy eyes looked up at me with a sinister smirk and before I even realized what was happening, he had grabbed the front of my g-string and ripped it off me. With the force he used, I could feel the burn marks on my thighs and my balance was thrown off, causing me to fall into him. He was laughing hysterically while I was struggling to hold back the tears and the urge to punch him.

I realized then the commotion had drawn the attention of others. Giselle's set was over and the DJ was giving a verbal reminder about club behavior. I pushed myself up off of the guy, attempting to cover myself. I'm well aware that some assume because I strip for money that being nude in front of these people shouldn't bother me. But it does. I'm still a woman, with feelings and this was too far. Before I could react, Mr. Blue eyes was at my side, wrapping his jacket around my waist.

"Are you ok?" He leaned in, asking in my ear. I could only nod, feeling so many emotions at once.

"Hunter you're a fucking asshole. Apologize then we're leaving." He spat at his friend. His mouth curling up in a sneer. The douche, I now knew as Hunter held up the shredded string and grinned.

"She's a whore. Doesn't bother her, does it baby?" He slurred. I started to walk away as Wes was approaching, but before even he could intervene, I saw a fist fly into Hunter's face and he fell back on his ass, blood pouring from his nose. I looked in shock as Mr. Blue eyes had just punched who I presumed to be his friend right in the nose. He turned to me and mouthed the words I'm sorry as Wes grabbed my arm and rushed me back to the dressing room before returning to deal with the rowdy guys.

I sunk down onto the sofa, finally letting a few tears fall just as Giselle rushed in.

"Are you okay babe?! What a prick. Those young fucks think because they have money they can do whatever they want."

"I'm fine, I think." I moved the jacket from my waist and could see the red marks had already formed, even light bruising.   I stood, walking over to my bag, and pulled out a pair of sweats, throwing them on quickly. "This jacket belongs to one of the guys out there." I held it up, showing her.

"Fucking keep it. That's what they get." She rolled her eyes. I shook my head and headed back out toward the floor. I saw Wes and a few of the other bouncers picking up the tables and a few chairs. The ballplayers had gone.

"I'm so sorry guys." I groaned as I approached.