"We-We aren't giving interviews about our personal lives."

Start from the beginning

What? "Why?"

"The glasses aren't going to fool people forever Keira, pretending there are two of you is genius. I almost wish I had been the one to come up with it, although knowing it was Lena is almost as good." Cat paused, most likely sipping some drink as she knew Kara tried to process exactly what she was saying.

Lena tilted her head at her side. "You knew?"

Cat laughed. "Keira, I don't know what parlour trick you pulled in my office, but it would have been impressive if you weren't such a bad liar."

"I am not a bad liar."

"Yes, you are, Darling." Lena grinned. "And if we don't leave now, we're going to be late because I am not letting you fly me anywhere now that we have my driver available." Stepping back, Lena moved towards the front door, watching Kara inevitably follow.

It happened so quickly, even by Kara's standards.

One moment, Lena is grinning at her from across the room, waiting for her so they could leave, and the next she's gone. A flash of purple as Lena stepped back, then she was gone, the purple flash with her.

Super speeding to her feet, Kara rushes to where Lena had just been standing. "LENA!"

There was nothing, no indication Lena had been stood there, nothing to evidence what had just taken her, where it could have taken her. Tears stung the back of her eyes, wanting to fall, but she couldn't let them. Lena was somewhere and she had to find her.

Changing into her suit in record time, Kara took to the balcony, smashing the door, flying too quick to bother opening it first. She'd pay for that later but if it meant Lena was there to yell at her, it was worth it. Flying high, Kara tried to focus on the heartbeat she knew like the back of her hand.

The world was much louder than she remembered, having to filter through so many more sounds than when she was on the other Earth. It was frustrating. She couldn't hear as far, couldn't find Lena.

"Come on!"

The comm in her ear crackled. "Supergirl, you might want to look at your phone."

Ignoring Alex, she continued to try and find Lena but wherever she was, it was just out of reach for her.

"Supergirl, check your phone." Alex demanded.

Clenching her jaw, Kara shook her head slightly. "I'm busy Alex, something just took Lena. A flash of purple and she was gone, and I can't find her." Her voice shook slightly at the mention of Lena.

When Alex spoke again, her voice was much softer. "Kara, look at your phone. Lena's Instagram has just gone live, we're trying to track the signal, but its almost impossible with her level of encryption."

Not waiting for Alex to finish, Kara fished her phone from her boot, opening it with her thumb print and going straight to Instagram. Sure enough, when it loaded, Lena's icon on the top was ringed with a little 'LIVE' sign above it. Whatever it was, it wasn't going to be good.

It wasn't good.

On her phone, Lex stood, back to the camera, a gun to Lena's forehead. Kara froze. Whatever he had been saying cut off as he turned back to the camera. "Ah, it seems the honoured guest has finally joined us. Now, where were we?" He tilted his head and turned back to Lena, the shift in his body letting Kara see Lena's hands bound behind her back. "Yes, I remember. You disappoint me Lena, I thought you were better than consorting with aliens, especially that thing you call a girlfriend."

Lena scoffed. "If my disappointing you means you're going to try and put a bullet in my head, you're a few years too late Lex."

Enraged, Lex used his free hand to hit her across the face. "You will show me some respect!"

Kara's heart was trying to explode from her chest. She needed to look for anything she could use to find them, but she couldn't look away from Lena. Lena, who licked her split lip and huffed. "Is that all you've got? You've hit me much harder than that."

Kara could see the comments, all angered and nervous as they watched the scene unfold, most catching exactly what Lena had said. Not that Lena had ever mentioned it to her, Kara knew things with the Luthor's hadn't been good, but never had she thought they had turned violent.

"Remember when you found out I beat your score on the SAT's? You hit me so hard I got concussion, the bruises weren't fun either, although, it did mean I got to spend three weeks in Ireland-" Lex cut her off with another punch.

Ireland.

Not letting go of her phone, Kara shot in the direction of Ireland, breaking the sound barrier less than a moment later. One eye was on her phone as Lena straightened up from the latest punch. Why couldn't she go faster?

Lex pressed the gun to Lena's forehead. "You never did know when to shut up, did you?"

"And you've not realised your every attempt to kill me has failed, what makes this one different. What is it now, twelve or thirteen?" Kara had reached Ireland and tried again to tune into Lena's heartbeat.

"Thirteenth times the charm." Lex smiled. Was he seriously so far gone he admitted to trying to kill his sister twelve other times? Really?

She heard Lex unclick the safety from the gun.

Faintly, she heard it. Calm, steady. Not a trace of fear.

What was Lena planning?

Racing to Lena, she heard the shot twice. Once as it overshadowed Lena's heartbeat, secondly through her phone.

No!