Chapter 19

THIRD PERSON

Jennie continuously slammed her head on the ground. It hurts like a bitch, but it's the only way she could think of that can help her get her mind straight. There's no scientific explanation about that, though, but Jennie never really liked listening to her science class and even if she did listen it is all forgotten now.

When she stopped acting like a crazy woman, she stared at her bloodstains on the ground. Oh, shit. That's a lot of blood.

"Miss, your forehead..." She heard someone trailed off. Jennie found herself staring at someone so adorable. The cute girl smiled at her, offering her hand, "I'm Chuu! How about you?" The cute girl gave her a gummy smile.

Jennie just stared at her. Oh, fuck. Am I dreaming or she really kind of looks like someone I know..

Chuu took back her hand shyly, she scratched her nape, her eyes wandering around the awful place, feeling Jennie's darting gaze on her. She is intimidating. Very intimidating. But Chuu still like her. She wants to be friends with her.

Jennie wiped the blood that was flowing out of her injured forehead. Oh my god, why did I bumped my forehead again?

The adorable girl took a step forward to her, about to touch her forehead when she heard something from her mind.

Miss Kim, change of plans! Back us up!

It is Seulgi's worried voice ringing inside her head.

Jennie disappeared into thin air and appeared inside, not really inside, she's just steps away from the entrance. If she crosses the entrance, that only meant that she shouldn't be such a weakling now and she could not back away again. For them, for her.

"Are you Jennie Kim?"

"Holy fuck!"

Chuu giggled at Jennie's shocked body and expression. "I'm sorry." She apologises as soon as she stifled her laugh.

"Yeah. What are you even doing in a dangerous place?" Jennie's eyes widened when the girl entered without any hesitation. Is she stupid or what?!

Jennie followed her. She does not know what came over her, actually, but all she could think of was to make sure the girl will not get injured. She feels something about her and she can't pinpoint what was it.

Chuu pointed at the ruined door of the HQ, smiling at Jennie as she did so. "Hey, look! The door is already open," Chuu walked near it and Jennie instinctively pulled her away from it. "What the fuck are you doing? Do you want to die?" What the hell am I doing, if she wants to die, then be it. I'm not about to be a superhero.

"Miss Jennie Kim, trust me! I have powers, too!" Chuu was smiling widely at her and she felt herself staring at the girl more. She reminds me of myself. Stubborn.

"Whatever." She could be a hidden member of Dark Ages, but why can't I suspect her? Oh my god.

"Go to the right side, while I go to left. Your senses are heightened, right?" Although, confused, Jennie just nodded her head (How does she fucking know, is she a mind reader too or something? Fuck!), "I'll whistle if I'm about to die."

Jennie was dumbfounded.

She felt like she is looking at her mini me. She is not surprised about what she said, actually, she is more surprised how she sounds just like her. Is she like my daughter from the future or something?

Jennie shook the thought out of her and just started walking stealthily on the long hallway.

A guy in a mask surprised her with a punch which she dodged easily. He is powerless. Jennie knew it was against her principle to hurt someone who doesn't have a power or ability, but she hit the back of his head, easily knocking him down. I can't waste any more time.