Mehlon Ka Raja

"Pati Babu chaliye , sab taiyar hai , Baraat bhi aa gayi hai "

Anirudh was brought back from his trance by Bondita. Today their daughter was getting married. Akansha Roy Chaudhry weds Abhijit Chakroborty.

That is right. The wedding cards say Bride's name first.

They both met in college. She has loved him ever since then.

Anirudh was now standing near the mandap. The ritual of Kanyadan was to be fulfilled by him.

What a logic less ritual it was anyway. How was he supposed give away his heart like that ? His Jigad ka tukda.

Akansha looked straight into his eye when she felt a tear on her hand which was kept on Abhijit's hand for the ritual.

She saw his red eyes and her own eyes welled up.

Why feeling happy on this day was  seeming to be guilty ? She is marrying her love. But her first love. What about that ? Her father , her first love. The man who will love her no matter what. How was she supposed to leave that man ?

The marriage ceremony came to an end , now they were pronounced as Husband and wife. The time came , time to move in for her new life.

She entered the living room. She could hallucinate her Kaka Dadu sitting there and her Maa reading out the newspaper to him. She and her brothers ( sons of Som and Batuk ) running behind each other.

She entered the kitchen where her mother taught her how to make Roti's for the first time. How she now wished that she could just come upto her and say Akansha go to your room and sleep  , no need to go anywhere.

She went to the study and got flashbacks of her classes with her Baba. How she told him about her first crush and he was suddenly interested to listen ahead. How her mother used to make her ready for school. How was she supposed to leave all this behind ?

The terrace , the witnessing to all her shades. Her first heartbreak,  her first fight , her failures her success. This house knee it all. But know she has to leave.

She came out and went toward sher Dadu and Kaka Dadu. She hugged them tightly not wanting to let go. But that doesn't happen.

"Wahan zyada shararat mat karna , chom chom baant ke khaana "

Her Kaka Dadu said patting her cheek. She just nodded her head.

"Sab ki baat sunna aur apni rakhna bhi aur karna wahi jo dil chahe "

Her dadu said.

Her brothers standing their with tears in their eyes.

"Ab kya hua tum dono ko , bachpan se chahte the ki main jau , toh mai jaa rahi hun ab , has bhi do , par mera kamra toh mera hi rahega khabardar haath lagaya tho "

"Haan Didi , tum mat jao kahin Jamai babu se kaho woh yahan rah len "

The moment was here. She had to meet her father. She moved to where they were standing but her father was no where to be seen.

"Maa , baba kahan hai , bulao na unhe "

"Tu ruk , mai leke aati hun "

She went to the study. There he was sitting with Akansha's album in her hand. He had captured every stage of her life.

"Chaliye Pati Babu , Akku ke jaane ka samay ho gaya hai , ek baar milenge nahi usse "

"Kaise Bondita , kaise usko apne aapse door bheju , woh meri zindagi mein aayi toh mujhe naya jeevan mila. Mai kaise usse kisi aur ke saath jaane de sakta hun bina jaane ki woh usse utne hi pyaar karega jitna mei karta hun. Uska pura ghar mei ghumte Rehna. Roz subah uska mujhe uthana. Uske sath milke tumhe pareshan karna. Mai chah ke bhi nahi bhul sakta "

"Mai bhi toh uski Maa hoon na uski , usse janam diya hai. Par ab yeh khushiyaan Abhijit ke ghar ki hai. Hamari beti ek doosra parivar sambhalne jaa rahi hai aur fir main bhi toh aayi thi aapke saath aur aap toh mujhse baat bhi nahi karte the. Yahan adjust karna kitna mushkil tha mere liye. Sasur ji , aap , Som Dada aur Batuk koi mujhse baat magi karta tha. Par hamari Akansha ko ekdum pyaar karne wala parivar mila hai "

"Haan , ab toh jaana hoga usse , chalo chale"

They both came out to bid her farewell. She was smiling till now but seeing her father , she ran towards him.

She hugged him.

How am I supposed to leave him.

Mujhe nahi jaana. Please koi rok lo.

The father daughter duo broke down. He was crying endlessly in her embrace.

"Baba aap aise rote hue bhejenge toh jaa paungi kya main ?  "

He controlled his emotions. He broke the hug , caressed her head.

"Sab ka khayal rakhna aur...aur apna bhi. Kabhi bhi man kare toh chali aana. "

"Aur tum agar meri beti ko pareshan kiya hai toh dekhna "

He said to Abhijit.

"Maa , teri yaad aayegi,  kon mujhe lori gaake sulaiyga jab neend nahi aayegi "

"Suno Abhijit , ab main nahi hun toh mere kaam bhi tumhe karne honge. Raat ko doodh pilana , lori sunana aur pyaar karna khub saara "

"Aur tu , sasural mai sabko accha khaana bana ke khilana yahan ki tarah jala hua mat khilana. "

She remembered how her father used to eat each and everything made by her.

Jala hua bhi kha lete the. Par ab...

"Ab jaa bhi parson wapis aana hai tune "

"Jaldi aana beta zyada din tumse dur nahi reh paunga "

Anirudh said

They soon got seated the car and went away.

When Abhijit said

"Itna hai toh ek mahine mei tumhare ghar reh lunga. Ek mahine tum mere ghar rehna aur uske agle mahine mei tumhare ghar."

I love you Mr. Abhijit Chakroborty

I love you too Mrs. Akansha Abhijit Chakroborty.