Uncle Alphard Black and Living with the Potters

Pov James

Less than an hour after I sent the letter, the bell rang. I run to the door and open it. I look at them concerned. Moon and Sirius are covered in bruises. "Come in! What happened?! Why are you covered in bruises?!" I ask. "James, why didn't you say friends are coming for you?" I hear my mother ask and she comes to us. "It was kind of last minute mom." I say "Oh Sirius and Moon, how nice!" says mom "What happened to you, you are covered in bruises!" says mom worried. "Nothing, we played quidditch this holiday, Jack was the beater and he hits really hard." says Moon. I know she's lying. Their father must have done this. Jack can't even fly. "I'll get rooms ready, or do you all want to be in James' room?" asks mom "Yes, is that allowed? the three of us in my room?" I ask "Sure you can!" Mom says "I trust you're just sleeping after all." says mom "Ew mom!" I shout "Sirius and Moon are twins!" I say "I know, I was referring to you and Moon." Mom says. "Ew Moon is like a sister to me, and Sirius will kill me if I even think about it. And probably Remus too." I say "Okay, I'm just saying." says mom and she walks upstairs. "What did you guys want to talk about that it couldn't wait?" I ask when she's out of earshot. "Can we discuss that privately somewhere?" asks Moon. "Yes, let's go to the library. No one ever comes there." I say.

Pov Moon

When we are in the library, all three of us take a seat in one of the chairs. "Our uncle came by this vacation." Sirius begins "He wanted to discuss something with Dad, so they went into Dad's office. Moon and I were curious what it was about, so we peeked through a crack in the door. They were talking about Andromeda's disinheritance. Uncle Alphard was disagrees with the disinheritance. Vader said it is none of his business and that he should not interfere in it. Vader also said he was thinking of disinheriting Moon and me and Uncle Alphard freaked out. Moon and I would inherit the whole Black fortune in a few years, but we would also inherit everything from Uncle Alphard, because he had no children. Uncle Alphard said that whatever Father would do, Moon and I would still be part of the Black fortune Father got angry and said that if we were disinherited he wouldn't give us anything more Uncle Alphard said he didn't care what Father said and that he would decide for himself And then Father took his wand and aimed him on Uncle Alphard E-er wa-was a gr-green ll- light flash e-and uncle Alphard was dead." Sirius ended sniffling, while I to can feel the tears coming down my cheeks. James comes towards us and pulls us into a hug. "I am so sorry." He says en we stand like that for a while until Mia calls us down for dinner "Let's go down, we'll talk more later, but don't you think I'll ever let you go back now." James says and we walk down the stairs.

"So why this pleasantly surprising visit?" asks Mia "We had sent a letter to James that we needed to discuss something and that it couldn't wait until next week. James sent a letter back saying that we had to take our things right away and stay here. We just didn't realize that he didn't ask you." Sirius says "How nice that you are already here. But what did you have to talk about that couldn't wait until next week." asks Mia "Oh uhm we had to talk about uhm." begins James "Our uncle came over a few hours ago and wanted to talk to father about us and Andromeda. Father had just disinherited Andromeda and our uncle disagreed. Father started to say how much he wanted to disinherit us and then our uncle said he would leave his share of the Black fortune to us anyway so he killed him." I say softly. I can feel the tears streaming down my cheeks again and James, sitting next to me, puts his arm around my shoulder. "How bad for you." says Mia and Fleamont nods in agreement.

"Yeah and you know what's the worst? Now James won't let us go." Sirius says and we all laugh. "Mom, Sirius and Moon will stay here during the holidays and stuff, right?" asks James. "If they want to, they can." Mia says and she looks at us. "That would be great!" I say enthusiastically and Sirius nods in agreement. "Which room do you want. One gets next to James's and the other the one opposite James's room." asks Fleamont "Claim the one across from James' room!" I say "Okay then I'll go next to James." Sirius says and we continue eating. When we're done eating, we all go upstairs. First we walk to Sirius' new room. "Tomorrow we're going to get some paint to spice up your rooms a bit, so be sure to think carefully about the colors." says Fleamont. "Oh and Moon, I just spoke to Hope. You can go there during the full moon during the holidays." Mia says. "Speaking of which, when is it?" asks James "I don't know," I say and look at Sirius. "When is the full moon?" I ask and he lifts his sleeve, revealing a tattoo of the moon phase. "Not until we get back to hogwarts." say Sirius "You have a tattoo?!" asks James. "Yes, I got it a few weeks ago." Sirius says "Why?" asks James. "Because it's cool, and to annoy my mom." Sirius says "Yeah, that's fair." says James "Moon, you have to go to St. Mungo's tomorrow it's a long treatment today. If you can behave you can stay on my shift and James too. Hope takes Remus, he asked for that." says Mia and she turns to Sirius "Would you like to come too?" asks Mia and Sirius nods. "Yes, please Mrs Potter." Sirius says "Just say Mia." Mia says "Go to bed now, it's going to be a long day tomorrow." says Fleamont.

The next morning I am woken up early by Mia. "Come on, James and Sirius are still sleeping and someone has to wake them up." Mia says, pulling out four pan lids. I get out of bed and grab two of the pan lids. gently we walk to the doors of James and Sirius rooms and open them. "3" says Mia "2" I say "1" we say at the same time and we start banging the pan lids very hard. James and Sirius wake up and immediately sit up. "It's so early." says James, looking at his clock. "Yes, but Mia's shift is about to start and I have to go to my treatment." I say "Breakfast is ready, we still have an hour before we have to be there, so hurry up, please." Mia says and we walk downstairs.

Less than a minute later, Mia and I are having breakfast together. "Are there any cool guys at Hogwarts?" asks Mia "Yes, I have a boyfriend." I say, "Why am I only hearing this now? Who is it?" asks Mia "Do I know him?" "Yes, it's Remus." I say "How long?" asks Mia "about three months." I say "Remus is a good boy." Mia says "How was last school year?" Mia asks "Was it fun going to Hogwarts?" "Yes, it was great! We played a lot of pranks and our DADA professor was Smith, from elementary school. She resigned." I say "And I'm on the quidditch team, as a beater along with Sirius." "Good to hear you're okay with it." says Mia

"Good morning" we hear behind us. When I look back I see that Sirius and James have finally come down. "Good morning sleepyheads." Mia says "Sit down and eat something, we don't have long before we have to go." Mia says and the boys start eating. "What were you talking about?" asks James "Hogwarts, the pranks you pulled, Smith and that she resigned." Mia says "Why did she resign anyway?" asks Mia "Uhm...certainly not because she was our number one target last year." says James innocently. "Oh well, she already hated you for no reason. Let's go." Mia says "How are we going?" asks James. "We're going to apparate. Everyone take my hand." says Mia "Mia, Sirius and I can already apparate, remember?" I say "Oh yes, I'll see you in the children's ward." Mia says and she apparates with James. Then I and Sirius also apparate.