C11 - Fun & Gun.

• M i l a n a' s POV•

"Frabjous isn't it?", he said, spreading his arms to show the awesome arrangement he made.

"Hmm...it is", I complimented. I sat down on the picnic mat and he did the same. He handed me the box of pizza, "Care for some?". "Yeah, I'm totally famished", I keenly opened it, the tasty aroma wafted into my nose. Nathan shook his head while smiling and watched me as I took a slice of it.

"Thanks!", I said, tossing the box of pizza to his side. Nathan took a slice and bit a little portion of it before he spoke. "I never really celebrated my birthday. I never had a normal childhood, my psychopath of a dad treated me badly everyday. He later cheated on my mom and this caused her a heartattack which led to her death. Ever since the bad incident, I started to live alone. And-".

"Why are you telling me all these, Nathan?".

He was silent for a while, probably thinking of what to say. "I don't really know. I think maybe because I trust you". It's so uncanny how Nathan lived a painful life. I now understand his suffering and why he had problem controlling his anger. This also explains his rude and cantankerous behavior. What was more uncanny was that I never felt really close to someone and feel their pain this much.

There was an uncomfortable silence between us for few minutes. It was just us and the beautiful nature. The trees swirling in accordance to the slight breeze, the dim moonlight shone upon the night sky, the fireflies lit up our calm moment, the scent of the honey suckled filled air, the-

My mental narration of the awesome surrounding was cut off by Nathan, "Let's take a walk around the park".

I nod and I began to follow him through the tree paths. He turned around and grabbed my hand, the sensation of his cold hand in mine spreads through my whole body, we walked side by side. "It's nice being friends with you. Happy birthday once again", he said softly, he still hasn't released our hands yet, but I don't mind. Who knows why.

"It's also nice being friends with you. Happiest birthday!", I replied.

Everything just felt natural to me. I starred up at the starry sky with a smile. I watched them as the sparkle and I smiled passionately again. This is a memory that will always stay with me forever.

"Don't you think the sky's beautiful?", I said, looking up the sky.

"So are you", he complimented. I froze at his words. Did he just call me beautiful?.

"Hey, lovebirds!", I heard a deep male voice yell at our back.

Nathan and I slowly turned back. Alas! There were three large goons, they looked sleazy. They were holding knives, guns and daggers. I was so scared.

They walked closer to us and I firmly held Nathan's body. They stepped closer again. My mind was racing fast and my heart pounded quicker than it has before. "I'm so scared, Nathan", I muttered. "Don't worry, I'm here, they won't hurt you", he assured.

"Give us your money and the girl, she looks damn sweet", they teasingly requested and I felt disgusted. "Why don't I give you a punch instead", Nathan furiously said, as he stepped in front of them, pulling me behind his muscular figure. 

Nathan layed a hard punched the first goon and he fell to the ground. The two other dudes tried to hit him but he caught them off guard and knocked them both out. Nathan is so strong and fearless, despite their weapons, he still had the nerve to take them down. I noticed a pissed looking goon was standing up from his hurt state, his hands behind his back pocket. It looked like he was taking out something.

As Nathan was about to kick him and give him a hard bace. He pulled out a gun from his back. He jerks his hand and he pulled the trigger. I couldn't help but tremble in fear. All of sudden, I slumped an black dots began to take over my sight.

• N a t h a n' s POV •

The bullet didn't hit anyone, the goon never intended to shoot anyone. He was just trying scare us, I guess his plan worked, Milana has already passed out. The goon who pulled the trigger took a leap closer to me, he was fuming in annoyance. I got him on headlock and I drubbed his face hard. He knocked out.

I looked at the goons lying on the ground groaning in pain. I gave a smug smile, feeling proud of myself. I heard heavy footsteps coming from behind. I turned to see who it was. It was another goon, he looked furious and thirsty for blood. His hand was behind his back, it looked like he was hiding something.

He stepped closer to me and I wasn't scared, I'll take him down just like I did to his mates. He pulled out a dagger and I felt something sharp pinch me on my left arm. The blade was sharp, he had plunged it deep into him arm. All of the goons ran away immediately. I let out a very loud groan as I clutched my arm. Blood was dripping on the ground.

• M i l a n a' s POV •

The loud groan of a deep male voice subconsciously brought me out of my unconscious state. My eyes widened as I saw Nathan, he was bleeding. He gripped his bloody arm tightly, trying to stop the blood from gushing out. The weren't any goons present again, they must've done this to him.

"Nathan!", I anxiously yelled.

He broke down. He was already kneeling on the ground. I moved closer to him. "You'll be fine", I guaranteed. I gazed at the bleeding spot, it was sure a deep cut. Nathan was speechless, I guess it was due to the amount of blood he had lost.

I just remembered that I was wearing a scarf round my neck. I swiftly pulled it off and I tied it round the bleeding spot to stop the blood from gushing out. "Ah", he yelled out of pain. "Sorry, let's go", I lifted him up and I headed towards the entrance gate. I put him inside my car and drove off to his house. It's so late, I wouldn't be able to get to a clinic in time. But I'll make sure we head to the hospital first thing tomorrow morning so the doctor would examine his arm for any infections or complications.

-

I arrived at his house. I parked in the driveway and led him to the door. I could sense that he was weak. We entered into the house. I didn't bother calling his maid for help, instead, I took him straight to his room upstairs. I laid him on his bed. "Where's the first aid kit?", I restlessly asked. "There", he pointed to a cupboard right at the edge of his room.

I took it out and immediately went back to him. I placed the first aid kit on the side table and took out a bandage, a tincture of iodine, cotton wool and a pair of scissors. I leaned forward to him and looses the scarf, I rolled up his shirt's sleeve and intently starred at the wound. I dressed the wound and I sighed a sigh of relief.

Nathan was okay. I spotted a jug of water at the side table, I poured it into a glass and offered him to drink. He sipped a little out of it. "Now, go to sleep!", I whispered softly. Nathan smiled at me in spite of his pain "Thanks, Lana", he said meekly. I retuned the smile. He slept off shortly and I couldn't restrain myself from looking at his face.

I placed my head at the edge of his bed and I soon fell asleep too.

A/N:

Hey Wattpals!. Thanks for reading this chapter. I hope you loved it

VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE/FOLLOW ME

Instagram - @thehaychtwins