C2 - Too Big For One's Britches.

Start from the beginning

Cody is so sweet, he was brought here when he was just 7 years old, his parents had died and his family members weren't ready to take him in. The first day I saw him, he said "Aunt, will you love me like my parents did?". It was so sad to hear that from a seven year old boy. I liked him ever since then and I had told him to call me Milana, not Aunt. All the kids in the NGO call me Milana or Lana. Cody is now 10 and he has turned out to be super smart and intelligent. I love all the kids in my NGO equally but there's this strange connection I have with him.

"Cody, have this pill, it will heal you in no time, then you'll be able to play with the other kids. I'm sure they've missed playing with you already", I said, turning to the side table and pouring some water from the jug to the glass.

I carefully raised him up to sit and I handed the glass of water to him with a pill. He took it feebly. "All done, Milana!", he said chirpily.

"Now, all you need to do is to relax, maybe for an hour or two". I said, laying him down.

"Thanks, Milana, you're somewhat magical. Cody has refused medication earlier but with you here, everything turns so right and in order", Damaris commented, coming closer to me and she hugged me tightly.

"Damaris, don't say all that, I'm just being me, besides we're friends, you don't need to praise me all the time", I said in a quirky tone.

"I need to go now but where are the rest of the kids?, I haven't seen any of them since I came in", I asked.

"Oh them!, Some of them went out with Lilian to go have ice cream and some went for the basketball game across the street. It's only Cody, the babies and I that are left here", Damaris replied.

Lilian is the assistant care taker. She only started working here months ago, she seems really nice though, the kids love her already.

"Okay, I'll leave now, bye!", I waveed my hands and left the room.

------------------------------

I totally forgot!. It's Lyndsey's birthday this Friday. I gotta go to the mall to get her a birthday present. We are gonna throw a surprise birthday party and it has to be super special.

I'll go to the 'Pines Mall'. They have the best collections of outfits in their cloth store. It's Lyndsey's school Dance this weekend, she'll really appreciate an outfit. I'll have to pick the best dress in the store.

I arrived at the mall. Phew!. Why are there lots of people here in the mall today. I walked into the cloth store.

"Good day, Miss", a middle-aged woman who I presume is the manager greeted. "Here", She directed me to the main area.

"Thanks, madam" I replied, as I walked into the main area and I spotted the kids corner. I could sight a collection of beautiful dresses and my eyes caught something dazzling. It was a pastel pink dress with diamond studs and floral patterns. I walked to the place where it's hung and I picked it up.

I gazed at the dress and I knew it'll be perfect for Lyndsey!. After all, I've known her since she was born ;)

"I'll take this one ma'am", I said. She took it from me and she walked to the packaging area to get it packed up for me.

I walked to the counter and the cashier handed me the bag. I gave her my credit card and she did what she had to do. She handed me back my credit card and a receipt. "Thanks, Alice", I said, reading from the name tag on her chest. "Thanks for shopping at Pines, we hope to see you here again", she replied formally.

Walking out of the cloth store, my eyes caught the most beautiful pair of heels ever. I haven't shopped for myself in a while. That heels is so gorgeous. I strode to the store to purchase the heels.

I saw someone by the sneakers rack, I knew she's familiar. She's red head, tanned skin and when she removed her shades, I noticed her cat eyes. Of course, she's Phoebe, my very best friend in high school.

"Phoebe!" I screamed, running towards her, spreading my arms to give her a big hug. She recognized me and beamed a smile, "Lana!". She accepted my hug and we tightly hugged for seconds.

"OMG!, it's you". I can't really contend my happiness right now, Phoebe was my number one bestie in high school. We got separated when we we graduated from high school. I had to go to Australia for my college education and we lost contact. When I came back, I was told she relocated and that was the end of it.

"Lana, what have you been feeding on, you look so chubby", she said in a snarky tone. Phoebe has always been a quirky and somewhat sacarstic being. I had to deal with this throughout high school years.

"I've missed you so much. By the way, when did you arrive back here in SkyeVille?" I said, ignoring her comment about my looks.

"I just arrived here and I just had to go shopping, yunno me, always on fleek!", she stated.

"Alright, Pheebs", I said, recalling what I nicknamed her back then.

"Okay, I've got to go now, I'm in a bit of hurry, Let's meet at that new café, "Always for Brew" Saturday at 10am, we'll talk better there", she explained.

"Sure, I'll be there", I replied.

"Bye!"

"Bye".

------------------------------

I hopped back into my car and rode my way home. As I kept driving, I noticed an old woman trying to cross the road. I pulled up by the side of the road and hurried towards her, grasping her arm, I helped her cross the street.

"Thank you, my child. People like you are rare to find nowadays, you've shown a sign of righteousness in you. May you always be happy, dear", she said in a low tone.

"You don't have to thank me. It's my duty to help people like you. I can't just see you try to cross the street and ignore", I replied to her.

I arrived home and I hid the present somewhere Lyndsey wouldn't find it. I think I'm gonna go spend some time in my granny's room!.

My day was a bit tough, I have to get some sleep. I freshened up then I put on my purple PJ's and plopped on my comfy bed. I soon dozed off.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz