(28) Sex And Candy

Sex And Candy

Chapter 28

The drive home was filled with silence, I didn’t know what to say and Daniel was behaving strangely. Almost as if he was nervous, which was kind of strange. When we got home, I excused myself, claiming that I had a lot of homework to do. I am sure Daniel could tell that I was lying but I was really struggling to cope with everything that has happened over the last couple of days and I just needed a bit of time to pull myself together.

I need to be stronger. Standing up to Kelly today felt great but as soon as the adrenaline worked off I became my usual uncertain self again. I need to be more like that, I have to commit to the decisions I make and stop doubting myself.

Needless to say, I didn’t even try to do any homework. School was honestly my last concern at the moment. I’m not the top student in our year but I am pretty close and I am positive I will be able to pass the semester without worries.

“Candy,” I heard Daniel call softly from outside my door and I answered immediately.
“Yeah, come in,” I said as I sat up, not feeling the need to pretend that I was doing anything but procrastinating.
He stepped inside and graced me with a slight but gorgeous smile.
“Are you okay?”
“I’m fine,” I answered, determined not to say anything stupid.
“Good because I would like to take you out for dinner,” he stated.
“That’ll be nice,” I replied honestly. “I’ll just have to change first.”
“Okay, we can go whenever you are ready,” Daniel agreed and then left my room. It was weird, he didn’t even try to touch or kiss me and he made no attempt to flirt with me.

His behavior was worrying me but I tried to push the thoughts away as I took a shower and got dressed. I put on one of the dresses I bought today and took a look in the mirror. I looked good but felt uneasy, the tight fitting black dress only comes to the middle of my thighs and although it is really pretty, I’ve never liked short dresses.

I was well aware of the fact that dressing like this will get me a lot of unwanted attention but I was determined to look good. I put on my make up a lot thicker than usual, straightened my long hair and finished my look with a pair of high heeled boots.

It felt like somebody else was looking back at me from the mirror and I wasn’t sure how I felt about it so instead of overthinking it, I grabbed my bag and made my way out of my room, all the way trying to convince myself that I can do this, that I need to stop being such a cry baby and just go with what I am feeling. It is easier said than done though. I almost turned around to change a few times but finally made it to the living room where Daniel was patiently waiting for me.
The expression on his face as he looked up from his phone was priceless.
“You look gorgeous,” he complimented as he got up from where he was sitting and made his way over to me, his eyes moving up and down my body and causing me to feel really self-conscious.
“Thank you,” I replied, trying to stay composed.

Daniel took me to a very fancy and probably very expensive restaurant. It was beautiful and we had our own private little dining area, the lights were turned down slightly and music filled the air. I’ve never been to a restaurant like it before but I liked it. It was beautiful and the fact that nobody could see or hear us helped a lot.

Daniel was still behaving strangely and I could tell that something was bothering him. I just had no idea what it was so after we ordered our food and the waiter left, closing the door that separated us from the outside world behind him, I scrounged up all of my courage and asked him.
“Daniel,” I said just loud enough for him to hear me. He was looking at me with those hypnotizing eyes of his and I had to look away.
“Are you okay?” I asked, unable to look at him. What if it was all just in my mind?
“Yes but there is something I need to tell you,” he replied, causing my stomach to flip. I immediately knew that whatever it is wasn’t going to be something I’m going to like.
“What is it?” I asked, fearing the worse.
“I have something I need to take care of on Friday,” he stated, confirming my fears.
“You mean… a job?” I questioned hesitantly, daring to look up at him.
“Yes, I was hoping that I would have more time but the perfect opportunity has presented itself,” he replied all business like.