16

All those crazy things we did
Didn't think about it, just went with it
You're always there, you're everywhere
But right now, I wish you were here.

All those crazy things we didDidn't think about it, just went with itYou're always there, you're everywhereBut right now, I wish you were here

Nine months.

Nine months were they tried, but eventually had to give up to the distance, no matter how they loved each other everyday more.

The first month was easy, for how much easy it could be. Calling each other more than twice a day, texting whenever they had some free time, they even talked about meeting halfway, probably in Rome or even Paris.

The second month was the starting of the problems, with Ben being super busy with Premier and Champions League, and Sofia super busy with the last three exams before officially graduating. Calls became more rare, and so did texts and everything else, and at times they even found to fight on the phone for the most stupid things.

On the third month, Sofia officially graduated, and Ben managed to come to Romania to surprise her. It was only one day, but it was better than nothing. He met her family, saw the places where she grew up, embraced a little bit of her culture, and honestly loved it. But then he had to come back to England, and that led both of them to stop any kind of romantic relationship and keep only a friendship between them.

At first it was awkward, obviously, as both of them were totally in love with each other, but it was easier. The calls became even more rare, probably once a week, and the texts soon turned in few comments and likes on their social networks. It was like they barely knew each other, like everything they lived in that month was only a long gone memory.

Sofia, soon after her graduation, was hired for a national sport channel. Ben congratulated her, as he was not that surprised that she managed to have success in so little time. It was also not a secret that he waited every Monday to see her, directly streaming from his television, at work. He had to admit she looked so natural, passional but professional at the same time. Obviously the show was in Rumanian, but he didn't care. He only wanted to see her, that was why he managed to put some subtitles.

There was a time where, once, one of her colleagues asked her about him, if they were couple and these kinds of private questions, well, Ben thought that she would have slapped him on national television, but was surprised when she only politely replied that it was none of his business and how she was building by herself her success, not relying on anyone.

He was proud of her, of her person and of everything she managed to accomplish.

On his side, after the first times of not brilliant performances, he found his best shape again and was now working on finding again a stable and more positive mentality, and for that he started to see a therapist who could help him.

He knew Timo daily talked to Sofia, and he always asked to his German friend about her, with Timo always saying that she asked as well, teasing both of them to just call each other instead of using him as a messenger.