06.

"Ponyboy, you're a mess." I say.

He looks at me confused. I get a napkin and wet with the water I got from Dairy Queen and hand it to him. "Your mouth." I say.

He grabs the napkin and wipes his mouth. "Thank you." he says.

I nod my head. "Y'all ready?" Dally asks.

We all shake our heads and begin to drive off. After a while of driving we pass the church. "S-Stop! Stop the car Dal!" Ponyboy yells.

The church was on fire. There were yelling parents, screaming, and crying babies. Dally stops the car and Ponyboy jumps out. "Ponyboy! Get back here!" Dally yells as Ponyboy is running towards the church.

Johnny and I jump out too and run after him. "Grace! Johnny! Ponyboy!" Dally screams as he jumps out too.

Ponyboy ran inside the church. Johnny followed after him and they started bringing kids out. They handed them to Dally and I. They got all the kids out. "Come on now!" Dally says pulling Ponyboy out.

Ponyboy was on fire and he hit the ground pretty hard when he got out. I run over to him and pat the fire out with my jacket then hug him. "Where's Johnny?" Ponyboy asks as Dally walks towards us.

I quickly jump up. "Johnny move!" I yell as I see the roof cave in and a huge piece of woods lands on him.

I rush over to him and without hesitating I go inside the church. Dally runs after me. I lift up the wood. "Get him! Now!" I say.

Dally burned one of his arms from helping the kids. He used his good arm to pull him out. "Drop it! I got him!" Dally yells.

I didn't realize till I got out of the church, I burned my shoulder and my hands. It didn't matter, Johnny was in worse condition than me. I run over to me as the medics put him a stretch. "Johnny! Johnny! You're gonna be okay! I love you!" I yell as they put him in the ambulance.

Tears ran down my face. This was the only time Dally let me cry. They were putting Pony in the ambulance too. "Rude with Ponyboy, I'll ride with Johnny." Dally says.

I nod my head and run over to the ambulance and stop them before the close the doors. I hop inside and sit down by Ponyboy. I grab his hand not caring that mine was burned. "You're gonna be okay Pony." I say tears still running down my face.

"I know I'm going to be okay, what about Johnny? They wouldn't let me see him." he says sitting up a bit.

"He's not so good. He got burned pretty bad. I'm glad I lifted the wood off of him when I did." I say rubbing Pony's hand.

"You lift that huge piece a wood that was on fire?" the medic asks.

I nod my head and she takes my hand. "You're hands are burned, and so is your shoulder." she says.

I pull my hand back. "Stop blabbing about me and focus on Pony, I'll be okay." I say.

"Take your shirt off." she says.

"Excuse me?" I snap at her.

"This is some ointment, I'm gonna put it on your shoulder." she says.

I take my shirt off and let her put the ointment on. I jump at first when she put it on. It was cold but then it started to burn a little. I didn't mind, I was more worried about Johnny right now. Ponyboy looks at me and whistles. "Shut your trap." I say handing the medic my hands.

Ponyboy laughs look at in my eyes, like he's admiring me. I smile at him and he smiles to. The medic puts the ointment on my hands too and wraps them up. "Come here." Ponyboy says.

"I am here." I say with a confused look.

"No, like down closer." he says.

I lean down to him and he presses his lips against mine. I quickly pull away and smile. "That was rude, there are other people in here Pony." I say.

He flashes one of his half smiles at me and lays back down.

***
They roll Dally in on a stretcher too, I guess because of his arm. He rolls past us but without looking at us he yells. "If you ever pull something like that again, I'll kill you! You hear me! I'll fucking kill you."

He continues to curse down the hallway me and Ponyboy just look at each other and laugh. While me and Ponyboy sit in the waiting room we joke, flirt, talk, anything to keep our minds off of Johnny. It didn't really work. I lay my head on Ponyboy's shoulder, which didn't last long.

"Ponyboy?" a voice calls from down the hallway.

Ponyboy quickly shot up, knowing who the voice belonged to and ran down the hallway. It was Sodapop. I wondered how he knew we were here. The two boys hugged for which felt like an eternity until Darry walked in. I had no idea what they were saying, but it clearly wasn't Darry yelling at him, as they all took a group hug. I smiled, I've never seen them all hug before, I've never seen Darry and Pony hug before. Ponyboy quickly ran over to me. "I gotta go, you gonna be okay by yourself?" he asks.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I say with a smile.

He quickly kisses my head and runs off.