Ch. 38 If Only You Knew

"Over here," Tzuyu hears Suho whisper as they sneak through the corridors of the Council building.

Their plans have been going great so far and this plan is the plan that has to work. Tzuyu, Chaeyoung, Suho, and several other Resistance leaders are sneaking through one corridor to the front while the others sneak through the back. When they finally made it to the doors to the Council's chamber, they took a moment to ready themselves. They all had weapons on hand and Chaeyoung squeezes Tzuyu's shoulder as reassuringly as she possibly could. When they all affirmed that they were ready, Suho sent out the signal to the other team that they were going in. After recieving a signal back, Suho gestured for Tzuyu to come forward and they both kicked the at the door. At first it didn't budge but they kicked another two times until it burst open. They stepped in and around a giant circular table were the seven high council members. They were all wearing dark green uniforms embroidered with gold and silver. The eldest, with graying hair, sat on the left while the youngest sat on the right. Tzuyu made eye contact with the young man who is biologically her brother and her gaze hardened. He didn't have any scars or indication of torture. He had tan skin like her and black hair in a hairstyle similar to Jungkook's. His face was like hers except more rectangular and masculine.

"You've finally come for us, eh?" The eldest stood up and he stood up, daggers slipping out from his sleeves into his hands. 

"Surrender peacefully and we'll let you live," Suho says firmly but the old man laughed humorously.

"I refuse to go down without a fight!" The old man roars and attacks Suho, the other council members get up and reveal weapons they've been hiding.

Each of them become occupied, fighting someone, except for Tzuyu. She's about to help Chaeyoung hold off one of the older women but her and the other leader, Hanbin, tell her to go after her brother instead. Her brother is sitting there, his gaze on the table but as Tzuyu approaches him, he looks him.

"Hey, sis," He smiles; his smile was like hers, dimple and all. 

"Chen-Oppa," Tzuyu says simply and his smile grows a little at the formality.

"Do you really want to fight me?" He asks as he stands up.

"Only if I have to," Tzuyu answers and she takes out her knife. 

"That won't be necessary," He sighs and drops his sword and gun. He then proceeds to take off his cloak, revealing a simple outfit of a black t-shirt and cargo pants. He then turns around and puts his hands behind his back.

"Arrest me," He says and Tzuyu looks at him bewildered but eventually snaps out of it take out some cuffs she was given and she handcuffed his hands and feet. 

"CHEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" One of the council members shouted before getting punched square in the face.

"I'm not an idiot," He scowls, "There's more of them then us, fighting is futile."

"You've always been strange but..." Another council member yells before pushing back the two fighting him, "This is just dishonorable."

"Honor, how dumb," He sighs as he scoots a little to sit back down in his chair; cuffs and all. 

"If they won't kill you," The old man growls, "I will, you infuriating brat!"

The old man swung his sword and slashed at those fighting him before barreling through anyone in his way to get to Chen. Tzuyu  jumped onto the table before launching herself onto the old man. She pushes him to the ground and unsheathes her knife and keeps it on his back.

"Don't," She says simply as she grips his head and keeps it pinned to the ground. 

The old man at first struggles but Tzuyu uses all her weight and strength to keep his back and arms down. The other council members look at their defeated leader and waver slightly.