Ch. 12 Summer Nights

"So...you're leaving tomorrow night?" Tzuyu asks quietly as her and Chaeyoung walk behind the others.

"Yeah...the games are over and I have to go to school in three weeks," Chaeyoung answers with a sad smile. 

Even though the two have only known each other for two weeks, it feels like they've known each other forever. They know each other so well; Chaeyoung knows just as much or more about Tzuyu than Nayeon. Tzuyu knows just as much or more about Chaeyoung than Jeongyeon. While the others were busy in their loud conversation, the two youngest were stuck in their own world: holding hands in a calm silence. 

Although the others were stuck in their own group conversations, the behavior and expressions of the youngest did not go unnoticed. They all felt a sadness. They all became friends fast and shared many experiences with one another; with some more than others. Sana is pretty sure she's this [] close to asking Dahyun to come to her kingdom to study instead of the school her and Chaeyoung are going to. Nayeon and Jeongyeon actually have been having night rendezvous and think no one knows they decided to secretly date but the almighty God Jihyo is no fool. She doesn't say anything about it and actually spends a lot of time helping Mina; the younger Princess wanted to improve her social skills and asked her for help. Momo spends a lot of time with each group but sometimes has to take a call from her boyfriend, Heechul. Sana swears that Heechul is going to propose sometime within the next year and she's happy about that for multiple reasons. One, the deal was whoever got married first becomes the Queen and at the moment, Sana isn't dating anyone and only has interest for one strange Solarin girl. So yeah, they've all grown fond of each other...but they decide to do something for the two youngest before all this fun ends. 

"Hey, guys...so we have a little gift for you two," Nayeon turns to them and they all stop in front of the entrance to the castle.

"A gift? For the both of us to be shared or individual?" Tzuyu asks.

"Yes," Jihyo pops up takes out car keys and presses it into her hands. 

"...Why'd you give me car keys? I rarely get to drive," Tzuyu raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah, well, Dad made an exception and we took it upon ourselves to book a hotel at one of the coastal cities for you two," Nayeon shrugs, "Maybe something will happen...?"

"H u h," Tzuyu gapes, knowing exactly what Nayeon means. 

"Really? I want to see what the coast in your country is like," Chaeyoung says excitedly, "I heard the beaches here have white sand in contrast to our golden sand."

"Yeah they do, and at the coast you get 25% off of mooncakes," Momo pipes in and everyone looks at her questioningly, "I may or may not have asked one of my servants to buy a box for me the other day."

"When do we go?" Chaeyoung asks as they all subconsciously walk closer to the doors that slowly open for them.

"Now!" The group of Unnies giggle and push them back as the doors, as they rehearsed, slam the doors shut. 

"Well then," Tzuyu looks down to Chaeyoung, "Road trip it is."

"Aw cool!" Chaeyoung turns around and notices the car their given, (just imagine the coolest car you've seen in your life but in black).

"I know they handed the keys to me but do you want to drive?" Tzuyu asks as they walk down the steps.

"I don't think that's a good idea considering the fact that I can't drive," Chaeyoung chuckles.

"Really? Jeongyeon knows, how come you don't?" Tzuyu asks as they stop in front of the car.

"She learned because of her guard training, I couldn't because Jeongyeon could never teach me and my mom herself doesn't know how," Chaeyoung sighs, "Not only that, but my mom felt that whoever I date or married to in the future could drive me around because I mostly walk around anyways."