xɪɪ. first meet

CHAPTER TWELVE

Always remember my heart holds you, when my arms cannot.

"You really don't need to give me these" Sohye refused gently pushing the folded tee and jeans he got for her towards him

"You really don't need to give me these" Sohye refused gently pushing the folded tee and jeans he got for her towards him. He simply smiled urging her to take them.

"Take it you can return it to me when you go back to the future" He joked causing her to laugh slightly. Jeongguk sneaked these clothes from his cousin sister's bag who was currently at his place.

They looked like they would fit so Sohye took it from him softly thanking him. When she was about to go inside the washroom she stopped when hearing him speak,

"Do you wanna go to the library with me?" He asked her as she gasped lightly.
"What is the date today!" Sohye asked suddenly and Jeongguk's eyebrows furrowed as he answered her,
"November 3rd"

She smiled huge nodding as she skipped inside the bathroom to change leaving Jeongguk clueless at the sudden excitement.

✫ ✧ °. * ✸° ✫

"Are you not gonna tell me why you suddenly asked about the date" He asked as the two of them walked towards the library. It was funny how easily he got comfortable around her and was actually able form sentences around a girl.

She looked at him with a grin on her face making him chuckle himself,
"Today is the day"

"What day?"

"When you meet me"

Jeongguk's eyes widened as he looked at her "Really!"
She nodded and he suddenly felt nervous.
"So just because you already know about me don't act different. Be who you are because that's exactly what I fell for" She said and Jeongguk nodded smiling a bit.

He was about to cross the road when she stopped and Jeongguk turned around, brows furrowing.
"I'll wait here till you issue the book" She said.

"Are you sure?" Jeongguk asked worried.
"Yes, books and I don't do that well together. I like reading though" Jeongguk chuckled at that nodding as he let go of her hand he didn't even realise he was holding, it just felt natural.

Sohye watched with a knowing smile as Jeongguk reached the other side of the road nearing the library. Her eyes were set on the path on Jeongguk's left as she saw what she had expected.

Mentally whining Sohye tried not to curse at herself for wearing that flashy short skirt, when she saw her younger self running towards the library. It was stupid and childish but even at that age she hated it.
She remembers she had to return the book she issued in an hour and she was at her sister's place at the moment. So instead of wearing the booty shorts she had on she decided the flashy stupid skirt was the only option. And also she was kind of in a hurry.

"One."
Younger Sohye neared Jeongguk's oblivious form as he talked to someone on the phone outside the library.

"Two."
Sohye chuckled when she saw herself realising she was about to bump into someone.

"Three!"
Her hands cupped at her mouth, eyes squinting when witnessing the collision.
Jeongguk was completely taken aback barely holding his body since he had no idea about a girl literally charging at him out of nowhere. Thus resulting the two in falling down, not completely but on their knees and thighs.

Through scrunched face and squinted eyes Jeongguk looked up to see the other person's face watching the girl holding the same pained look. She looked at him through long lashes pushing her hair out of her face and Jeongguk just froze.

Seconds later when realising the girl had stood up he did too quickly moving to stop her from continuously apologising and bowing at him.
He gulped when eyeing the familiar face and slowly his eyes trailed to her older self. She was smiling at him winking when he blushed.

But his eyebrows furrowed when she suddenly started dissapear until she was nowhere to be seen. A sudden push on his chest and soon he almost forgot what was happening.

"I'm really sorry I didn't realise I was running into someone" She bowed yet again and Jeongguk politely shook his head telling her it was fine and he didn't get hurt. 

Jeongguk sneakily eyed her face. She was pretty as he timidly entered the library after her. Smiling at her when they both put their books on the counter for turning in.

She smiled at him and he couldn't stop the unknown turning of his stomach.

****

i'm a little sad the book is about to end.

Vote and Comment!
Thank you!🧡