"Wow," was all I could say. I put my hand on my chest to see if my heart was still beating.

I've been having a hard time lately when it comes to water after getting viciously tortured with it less than a month ago, but Mickey has been helping me a lot. Even when I shower I can feel my anxiety building until I get sick or cannot breathe. I thought I could handle it in my own, but I ultimately had to admit it to her that I was scared because I knew I couldn't deal with it alone anymore. I am working on it, baby steps. She isn't rushing me. Sometimes she will help me wash my hair in the sink, but our new normal is to shower together or she will sit in the bathroom and read while I shower so I'm not alone. I know I'm safe if I'm with her.

"Happy anniversary," she said and pulled my face into a kiss. She could kiss me a million times, and I'd still be begging for more. I don't think she knows exactly what she does to me, or how much her kisses mean to me. She pulled my jacket down and I let it slip off and land at my feet. "Let's take our time tonight. We have all night to celebrate."

My face grew warm at her gesture. I was so elated, I almost forgot how hungry I was. Even though this is a great moment, I wasn't going to ask her to move in with me just yet even though I should have asked her months ago. I will soon, just not right now.

"Is this okay?" She asked softly. "We don't have to do this. We can watch a movie, or go out."

I know that she was talking about the water. I smiled gently at her in admiration that she acknowledged my feelings, and that she wanted to know how I felt about something we both have loved in the past without pushing it. There was no place I would rather be than right there with her.

"This is perfect," I promised.

Mickey stepped up to the bathtub and nimbly looked at me over her shoulder with a smile, her dark textured hair swept behind her shoulder gracefully. I couldn't help but get lost in her eyes. Whenever she looks at me like that, I turn into a mess... it happens every time. She pulled the robe tie around her waist loose and let the robe drop to her feet. My jaw went slack as she stepped into the tub and hid her body elegantly under the thick bubbles, because watching her was all that I could do. She always leaves me speechless. The intoxicating aroma of her perfume floated in the air, which made me almost woozy. I love that smell, because it reminds me of her.

"You coming?" She asked teasingly.

"The day I say no to that, I want you to shoot me in the foot with my own gun," I joked and kicked my shoes off frantically. I pulled off the rest of my clothes and nearly fell into the tub from how quickly I was trying to get it all off. She giggled and I finally climbed in behind her. She rested her back against my chest, and I wrapped my arms around her and pressed my nose into her cheek. I was going to hold her tight and not let go until she wanted me to. She is like a dream to me, and I hope that I never wake up.

"Has anyone ever told you that you are as pretty as a picture?" I asked

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Has anyone ever told you that you are as pretty as a picture?" I asked.

She thought for a moment before she answered, "I don't believe so."