Yiga? At this hour of the night?

A/N: just a quick note before we get started
i'm not gonna post the rewrite here, i'm gonna make it separate.
also don't worry i'm not gonna delete the og, i'm just gonna post the rewrite separate as like a fresh start yknow?
anyways, here's the sample chapter!
~~~~
     I landed with a thump as the wilderness outside of the Zora's Domain came into view. I looked around, eventually catching sight of the divine beast Vah Ruta, taking its place on a cliff far in the distance.
     She really sent me far, huh? I thought as I gathered myself and started walking towards the Zora's domain. I know I need to speak to king Dorephan, and while I could easily warp directly to the Zora's Domain, I decided to walk. It would be a shame to waste such a lovely evening. I also would enjoy some time to clear my head. I could also use this time to think up a goodbye to Sidon, who I thought deserved one after all the help he was while I reclaimed Ruta. The thought of saying goodbye filled me with a strange sadness, however, as I absentmindedly kicked a stone that was resting on the path.
     It disappeared into some bushes and stopped with an abnormal thump. I had just pulled my sword from its sheath when it was met by a wickedly sharp sickle. I found myself face to face- well, face to mask- with a member of the Yiga Clan.
     I dared not to take my eyes from this one in front of me, but I could feel the presence of more Yiga around me; their eyes on me making my skin crawl. I broke free of the Yiga before me, but before I could dispose of them, I felt a blow to the back of my knee. I stumbled forward, giving the first Yiga enough time to avoid my downward blow.
     I cursed as I righted myself and turned to face my foes. There were four Yiga I could see, but who knows if there were others hidden away. I took a deep breath, weighing my options. I could run to the Domain, it is not far and then I would have help fighting as I am outnumbered currently. However, that would put some if not all of the Zoras in danger. My only other option was to hold my ground and fight. This one is a bit more reckless, and definitely more dangerous, but no one else would get hurt.
     I lunged suddenly, hoping to catch one of the Yiga off guard enough to get a good blow in. I had made my decision. It seemed, at least for a moment, a good decision when I managed to catch one of them square on the chest, my sword hesitating for only a moment on their leather armour.
     While I celebrated this small victory, I knew I was in a vulnerable position. I was off my balance as I drew my sword back from the now limp Yiga. One of the others took this opportunity to bring their sword down towards me.
     I tucked myself and rolled away, popping up to my feet a little ways away from my attacker. I raised my arm and winced when I felt a now apparent wound on my bicep. I didn't chance a look as I needed to keep an eye on the Yiga. Maybe a more defensive approach would be better.
     It was. I managed to dispose of two more of the Yiga. Or I thought I did. I turned my attention to the last Yiga, who was watching me, waiting for an opportunity to attack. I had just pulled my arm back to throw my sword towards them when I heard movement from behind me. I felt my sword leave my hand as I felt pressure slam into my back. Red hot pain exploded from the spot that I was hit.
     In one fluid motion I pulled out my bow,  notched an arrow and let it fly, hitting one of the Yiga who I had believed to have been dead. They were holding their own bow in their hands, and I realized with dawning horror what happened.
     I put my hand to my stomach and it came back bloodied. I inhaled sharply, suddenly feeling dizzy. No more Yiga. I needed to get to the Domain now.
     I pulled out my Sheikah Slate and with bloodied fingers I set my destination. I felt the familiar sensation of this strange form of transportation wash over my tiring body as I fought to stay awake.
     When my vision cleared I was standing on the shrine within the Zora's Domain. I tried to take a step forward, but my knees buckled and I fell onto the cool stone of the shrine. I couldn't bring myself to call out as I curled on my side, clutching my bleeding stomach. I just hoped that if I were to die here, that Sidon wouldn't find me, and wouldn't blame himself.
     Sidon... If only he were here, then he could help me.