"I Love You"

Link's P.O.V.
I woke up before Sidon. I sat up, blinking groggily, looking out the window beside the bed. The sun was just beginning to rise over the mountains surrounding Zoras domain. I looked down to Sidon, his sleeping figure peaceful.
His eyes were closed, and his lips were slightly parted. His tail lay draped over his shoulder, and the bandaged end hung over his neck. He was snoring ever so slightly. I smiled warmly down at him. I turned as carefully as I could so I could grab my sheikah slate. I moved so I was sitting. I flipped the slate into its camera mode.
I got Sidon's sleeping face into view, I captured the photo. Smiling sweetly.
"Sidon!" I called, taking a photo when he opened his eyes. I set down the slate and turned back to him. He was smiling warmly up to me, his eyes soft and welcoming. I melted into his gaze, bending and kissing him gently.
"Morning Guppy," he rasped out. I smiled, getting up from the bed.
"Morning to you too," I pulled out my champion tunic and some traveling trousers. I pulled them on quickly, then I turned to Sidon, who was struggling to sit up.
"Careful," he gave me a look, I sighed, "I'm going to get breakfast," I said as I turned to leave.
"Thank you sweetheart!" Sidon called as I closed the door behind me. A passing nurse gave a very strange look. I felt my face flush, and I had a strong urge to explain myself.
I shook this off and headed to the dining hall, where everyone would be eating breakfast around now. I saw that the doors stood open as they usually did at this hour. I took a deep breath, straightening my spine as I stepped over the threshold and into the room.
          You know those stereotypical moments when everyone stops talking and doing anything at one time, then stares at the person who just walked in. Yep, that's exactly what happened to me. I stood tall and passive, but let out a sigh of relief when King Dorephan spoke up.
          "Link! Come sit by me and we can talk," His voice seemed even louder in the completely quiet room. I nodded and walked quickly to the empty seat beside the king. My boots clicked against the stone floors, every sound I made seemingly amplified. I could feel my chest getting a little tight, and I wished for nothing more than to have Sidon by my side.
            I sat down beside the king, he was smiling warmly down at me. He seemed like he was going to say something to me, but then stopped and instead addressed the room, "Link has a second home here, him coming to breakfast is not a big deal," everyone seemed to snap from their trances, and a steady drum of conversation resumed.
            King Dorephan turned to me again, bending down to me level, "I'm guessing that you being here brings good news. I won't bother you by recounting the memory, I'll just ask my son when he finally speaks. Link there is some news," king Dorephan took a deep breath, "Sidon will have a permanent limp. It shouldn't impair him much, but he has always been a strong headed warrior, so this will have a definite impact on him. I want you to tell him, he truly does love you, so let's hope love softens the blow of this wound," king Dorephan sighed, smiling a little sadly at me.
          I nodded curtly, "I will tell him," the rest of what the king had said struck me, "wait, how do you know that he loves me?" I asked, a little foolishly.
        The king chuckled heartily, "the way that kid looks at you, he is a lovestruck fool. Also I was told that he was saying your name in his sleep," the king smiled wryly, "I'm definitely going to embarrass him with those stories when you two get married,"
          I was a little taken aback by the king saying that so bluntly, "Are you really intuitive or are Sidon and I that obvious?" I asked jokingly, a slight blush rising to my face.
         The king laughed, "I know my son," when I raised my eyebrow at him he chuckled a little, "and yes, you two are fairly bad at keeping secrets,"
         My hand flew to my face, "so the entire Domain-" the king cut me off with, "yes, the entire Domain knows,"
         I could feel my blush deepening, fuck. I sighed, "I am truly sorry, but I should be getting back to Sidon, may I go into the kitchen and grab some breakfast?" I looked back up to the king.
          I noticed now that he looked much older than before. The wrinkles around his eyes and mouth had deepened remarkably, his eyes a little more dull than usual. He looked frail, well as frail as the huge Zora king could look. I'm truly not surprised that in his youth he lifted, and threw, a guardian.
        Wait a minute, will Sidon get that big? I swallowed hard.
          The king smiled, "yes of course, take whatever you need," he stopped me in the middle of standing by holding up his hand, "you will be leaving to fight the great Calamity soon, correct?"
        I looked down to the ground, nodding. The king hummed, "now you have to promise me something Hylian Champion," I looked up and into his eyes, they held an inkling to power long gone, "promise me you will come back for my sappy son Sidon,"
          I held his gaze, my bright blue eyes meeting his steady yellow ones. I lifted my chin, speaking clearly, "I will always return. I love Sidon, and I will do whatever it takes to return to him,"
         King Dorephan smiled sadly, the power he previously held drained from him, "good. That's these old ears needed to hear champion. Go," and with that I turned and left.
        I quickly turned into the kitchen. I leaned against a wall, taking a moment to get my breathing back under control. The kitchen was empty at this time, I'm assuming that everyone already ate. I stood straight again and walked into the kitchen. I threw a bunch of ingredients into my bag, I could cook in the room with Sidon.
I slung my bag back over my shoulder and went out the back way. I really don't want people to see me again.
A few Zoras were obviously staring at me, and others were less obvious, but I could still tell they were staring. I kept my head up, if they were going to stare let them stare. I slipped into the infirmary, the nurse behind the counter smiling sweetly as I passed. I smiled back at her and waved. I walked quickly to Sidon's room, the heels on my boots clicking on the stone.
I swung the door open, Sidon jumping slightly. Then when he saw me and he smiled wide.
"Welcome back," he said sweetly. I smiled warmly at him and closed the door behind me.
"So, literally the entire Domain knows that we are together," I said as I started cooking some breakfast.
Sidon inhaled through his teeth, "figures. It only takes one Zora," he chuckled, "but, now all we have to do is confirm rumours,"
I snorted, grabbing the breakfast and passing some to Sidon. He smiled and nodded a thanks, digging in to his breakfast. I sat on the chair next to Sidon's bed, eating quickly. We both sat in silence as we wolfed down our food. Sidon put the plate down onto his bed, pushing himself up into more of a sitting position. I soon set my plate down too. I sat back into the chair, sighing deeply. Sidon patted the bed by him. I moved his plate and sat, snuggled into him.
          "You should probably leave soon," he said, his voice low. He put his face in my hair.
         "I know," I said quietly. I didn't want to speak too loud in case I start crying or something.
          "Do you know when you'll be back?" Sidon asked calmly. His voice was carefully avoiding emotion.
         I shook my head, sitting up to look at Sidon, "I need to tell you something," I said quietly.
          Sidon hummed and tilted his head. I took a deep breath, "I spoke with your father at breakfast, and he said that your leg, it's not good. You'll have a limp most likely the majority of your life. I'm sorry," I looked up to his eyes.
         He had his head tilted and was staring over my shoulder. He snapped back and looked into my eyes.
         "Wouldn't surprise me, that lizalfos hit hard," he chuckled a little sadly, "I'll get used to it. But, you know, as long as you are by my side, I'll be fine," he smiled sweetly.
        I snorted, "you fucking dork," I smiled back at him. I then remembered something, "wait a minute, how tall will you get? Like your dad is really tall and like," I trailed off.
        Sidon laughed, "Guppy, you are cute," I punched his arm lightly, "I don't really know how much I will grow. I think I'm done growing?"
         I laughed at him, "that shouldn't be a question!" He shrugged, smiling wryly.
         He grabbed me and pulled me into a warm embrace. We sat in silence for a while longer, but when the sky started to turn from the pinks of dawn to the blues of day, I pulled out my sheikah slate, going to the map.
            I clicked on the shrine inside the docks of the castle. I turned to Sidon urgently, wrapping my arms around his neck.
             "I love you sidon," I said, speaking clearly as the blue light slowly engulfed my form, "I truly love you with all my heart. I will return to you, and I will always protect you," i felt the warmth of the light spread up to my neck. I kissed Sidon passionately, then I was gone towards the shrine.