Chapter 33

Calli

Dewdrop

The nickname used to make butterflies flutter in my stomach. Now it makes me feel nauseous.

“How the fuck is this possible? You’re supposed to be in prison!” I yell at him, backing as far away from him as possible until my back hits the wall.

“There are certain benefits to being a werewolf, Dewdrop. One of them is scaring the shit out of the guards until they let you go.” I shudder at his voice and feel my hands begin to shake. My heart rate speeds up and my palms slick with sweat. I try to keep my breathing under control. I need my wits about me and can't afford a panic attack right now.

“Don’t fucking call me that you piece of shit! You lost the right to even look at me a long time ago!” I scream at him and his smile fades into a scowl as I search my surroundings frantically for any kind of weapon.

“I think you’ve forgotten your place, Calli. Perhaps I should remind you.” He growls as he rounds the island towards me. My eyes widen in horror as my feet move away from him of their own accord. I nearly trip over the leg of the table, but manage to right myself without taking my eyes off of the predator in front of me.

“NO! Stop right there, Paul! Don't you dare touch me. What is wrong with you? Haven’t you taken enough from me already?! Haven't I suffered enough because of you?!” I feel tears sting my eyes and I bite my lip to keep them from falling. I refuse to look weak in front of this monster.

“Me take things from you? Are you fucking kidding me, Calli? Because of your little hissy fit, my Alpha overlooked me for the Beta position. Said I wasn’t stable and reliable enough. You made me lose everything I had ever worked towards. Everything I had ever wanted. That position should have been mine. It was my birthright. Now I'm just another pack member. I’m in this pathetic state because of you!” He spits at me and I can’t help but flinch.

He does look pathetic. His t-shirt is ripped and dirty, his hair and beard obviously haven't been washed or trimmed in much too long and his shorts obviously used to be pants with the way they are cut off at different lengths on each side. His feet are bare and dirty, one toe almost looks black, possibly from frostbite. If his eyes didn't hold the same hollowness, I probably wouldn't have even recognized him. A man who was once muscular and healthy now has gaunt cheeks, and bony arms. He looks nothing like the other werewolves I have come to know.

“It's not my fault you kidnapped me, you psychopath! And it sure as fuck isn't my fault you raped me!” I scream back at him and move towards the living room to get further away from him.

“Rape? I didn’t rape you, Calli. You wanted it, we both know that.” He says with a cruel smirk and I try to swallow the bile rising in my throat the acid burning almost as much as the memories of what he did to me.

“You’re disgusting.” I say, barely above a whisper. He laughs, a booming yet hollow sound.

“I’m disgusting? You’re lucky I ever even looked at you. A pathetic human. If you didn’t have such a nice ass I never would have bothered.” He pulls a syringe out of his back pocket and starts movong towards me.

“Look at you, even now fucking up my plans. You weren’t supposed to be here, Calli. I was supposed to take the Luna with no witnesses. It's  a shame I can’t take you both, my place isn’t set up for two. So I’ll give you enough of this to keep you unconscious until I finish with the pretty little Luna. And then I’ll be back for you and we'll finish what we started.” He sneers.

“How lucky for me that you’re the Beta’s mate. After I kill the Luna and you, the Alpha and Beta will be weak and pathetic. My Alpha will be able to kill them easily and overtake this nice little pack you all have here. Then I will be rewarded for my good deeds and be given the position that I deserve.” He smiles sadistically and he runs towards me.