Chapter 9

3rd person Pov of Jj:

Jj waited in Emily's room for hours after she tried to escape. The nurses couldn't trust the frightened woman to be alone, and to make matters worse she refused any treatment from the nurses and only begged for Jj, so they complied. Emily wasn't supposed to have any visitors just yet but they made an exception for Jennifer as long as she made sure to keep Emily under control, which she obviously obliged to.

The sleeping woman's soft hand rests lightly in Jj's, who was sitting in a chair next to the hospital bed watching her gorgeous friend sleep. Yes it might sound creepy but she wasn't watching her in a stalker sense, more of a 'she's absolutely stunning and I love her so much that I want to make sure I always keep her safe no matter what' type.

Emily's head begins to thrash back and forth, her face becomes tense and frightened while tears pour down her face, "Please stop. No. Please! I'm so sorry. Jj please I'm so sorry!".

Jj stands up and places her hands on Emily's shoulder and gently tries to wake the distressed woman up. "Emily, you're ok. I've got you. Emily, I'm here. I'm here my love, you're safe" she says while gently wiping away the tears streaming down Emily's soft skin

The stunning raven haired woman's eyes once again begin to flutter open, still filled with tears. Her deep brown eyes that Jj constantly gets lost in dash back and forth, taking in her surroundings.

Jj softly smiles, "Hey em. We're at the hospital. It's only me and you here. No one can hurt you" she pushes a strand of the woman's dark hair behind her ear, "my little Emily, how do you always look so adorable?".

Emily's cheeks become a bright red and her mouth curls into a small smile, but it's quickly wiped away when the memories of Will overcome her peaceful mind, "Jj... am I.... did he.."

The blonde cups Emily's face in her hand, and softly frowns, "Emily, I'm so sorry I brought him into our lives. If I could go back and-".

Emily abruptly cuts her off in a stern tone, "Jennifer you didn't answer my question. Am I.. am I pregnant?".

Jj looks down, "yes". The room is fills with silence for a moment before she speaks once more, "Emily you have options though. You could keep them or put them up for adoption or even abortion. I know this is scary Em, but I'll support you on any decision you choose. If you keep them, I'll help you every single step of the way. If you put them up for adoption, I'll be there with you during the whole process. If you get an abortion, I'll be there right next to you during the procedure. Emily, you can't get rid of me no matter what" she laughs at the end to help release tension from the situation.

Emily smiles to show her appreciation and grabs onto Jj's lower arm, "don't leave me... please" she quietly says while looking down.

~~~
A day later
Around late afternoon
_______

General Pov:

The rest of the bau team was finally able to visit Emily, Hotch and Rossi had just left hospital when Derek, Spencer, and Penelope were entering. They all take a seat around Emily's bed, while Jj lays next to her asleep.

"Hey Emily" Spencer says quietly while sort of smiling.

Derek: "How ya doin princess?" He sympathetically smiles.

Emily: "I mean I've been worse" she laughs, trying to make a joke out of the situation.

Derek: "Emily. Seriously. How are you?"

Emily doesn't respond but instead looks down at sleeping Jj, who has her arms wrapped around Emily's stomach and her head cuddled into the crook of her neck.

Penelope: "Jj really does love you Emily. More than you'll ever know".

Emily: "I know. Will was a terrible person and-" Emily sighs, "She just deserves someone who'll love her forever".

Penelope walks over to Emily and tries to rub her arm, but she flinches and pulls away. Emily's breaths become short and quick, increasing in shallowness with every inhale. Jj wakes up, prepared for these situations, "Can you guys please leave. You can come by later" she says calmly while rubbing Emily's back.

"Emily- I'm so sorry" Penelope stutters, tears forming in her eyes.

Jj looks up and makes eye contact with the startled blonde, "Penelope just leave". Derek grabs Garcia's arm and walks out of the room with Spencer.

"Emily, you're ok. Here let's do the thing. Ok?" Jj says softly. Emily nods and lays down on her side facing Jj, who does the same. Jj tucks Emily underneath her head, pulls her legs in between hers, and wraps her arms around Emily. She kisses the top of her head and begins to recite a poem that calms Emily down, "no one's awake but us, and a bird. The day's too beautiful to speak a word."

The two talked about poetry on the very first day they met, and since that day she always remembered that No One's Awake by Rose Styron was her favorite because "it makes [her] feel less lonely, even on the darkest days". That day, the very first word she spoke, the outfit she was wearing, the items she was carrying, every single detail will never slip Jj's mind.

Emily eventually dozes off to sleep, while Jj lays on the bed cuddling Emily and her mind races in the background. She wants to fall to her knees and cry, she wants to scream her head off, she wants to run forever with no destination in site, she wants to kiss Emily, she wants to re-do her whole life, she wants to take Emily's pain away, she wants to do so many things but they aren't possible, all Jj can do right now is comfort the woman she loves the most in the whole world.