Chapter 3

Emily's Pov:

Her face, somehow still gorgeous even when she's crying. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying, mascara dripping down her cheeks.

Emily gently cupped Jj's hands in hers, "Jen, please. Tell me what's wrong. What happened?".

Shaking her head Jj repeated, "No.. no.no.no.no.no". She pulled her legs to her chest, tucked her head in between her knees, and rocked herself back and forth. I don't know how to help her. I just want her to believe when I say she's ok, that she's safe. But I know saying these things do nothing. I hate seeing her like this, she doesn't deserve to have to deal with these emotions. Emily moved so she was sitting behind the crying woman. She slowly moved her hands around Jj's waist and lightly squeezed her, enough to show that she cares. But this time when she held Jj, she didn't feel close to her.

Emily rested her chin on Jj's left, still shaking, shoulder. She closed her eyes and softly whispered, "I love you Jennifer Jureau".

— Time skip, Now on Jet, around 11 at night —

Jj's Pov:

Jj awkwardly walked down the small aisle of the jet, to see Emily sitting on the couch with an ivory white colored blanket messily resting around her lap. She was deeply concentrated on the book she was reading, it appeared to be some sort of a self help book. Huh, never thought I would see Emily Prentiss, the closed off, take no shit badass, reading a self help book. I guess everyone needs help once and a while..

Emily looked up from her book, as if she could sense Jj had just gotten on the jet. "Jj! Hey!" She said while closing her book and putting it down on the closest table, "wanna sit next to me?".

Jj saw the woman's face perk up at the end of her sentence, clearly hopeful for a positive answer. Jj didn't reply, she walked over to the couch and sat down next to her. Emily moved some of the soft blanket around Jj. She gently pushed a couple strands of hair that were blocking the blonde beauty's face back around her ear.

"What's wrong Jay?" She smiled a little to show her concern. Jj once again didn't reply, and instead rested her head on Emily's shoulder.

Emily's Pov:

Jj's head laid on Emily's shoulder, slightly moving with every breath the woman took. Emily felt her spirits lift when Jj wrapped her arm around her side. Her grip was tight but slowly relaxed as she fell asleep. Emily was paralyzed with fear of waking the sleeping beauty.

Only a couple minutes passed until Hotch, Derek, Reid, and Rossi all joined them on the jet. As they walked on Emily raised a single finger to her lips to convey that Jj was sleeping, and silence was needed. They all complied and sat down in separate seats. As Derek passed the two, he smirked at the sight of Jj resting on Emily. Emily rolled her eyes and mouthed "fuck off" in a joking manner. Emily laid her head back and shut her eyes, finally being able to rest.

Jj's Pov:

A half an hour later, Jj awoke from her deep slumber. The humming noise of the jet's engines consumed her ears, while the light lemongrass scent that was familiar to her lifted her spirits, for she knew this scent was Emily. She slowly opened her eyes, gleeful to see Emily.

Emily's soft soothing voice broke the silence, "Hey sleepyhead."

"Hi," Jj replied, her voice raspy from just waking up. Realizing she was resting on Emily she began to apologize, "oh.. my god. I'm so sorry for falling asleep on you" she began to lift her head off of Emily's shoulder.

"Hah.. it's ok. I don't mind". Hearing this reply Jj decided to rest her head on Emily once again, she enjoyed hearing Emily's soft inhale and exhale. Her hair lightly brushing up against her face. The warmth of Emily's skin. For once in Jj's life everything was perfect. A moment that no one can put into words. Because it's a moment Jj didn't want to tell anyone about. Her special moment that she can hold onto forever.

— time skip: about an hour later —
~ jet has landed and Jj and Emily are in the car on the way to Jj's house ~

Jj's Pov:

She grabbed the headphone jack and plugged in her phone, "can I play a song that I heard yesterday? I thought you would like it." Emily said while scrolling through her phone.

I looked over quickly at her, but still long enough to see her stunning face. My god her little smile is adorable. "Yeah that's fine", I smiled.

TO UNDERSTAND THIS PART PLAY THE SONG "THIS SIDE OF PARADISE" BY COYOTE THEORY.

She tapped her phone and a guitar started playing, it sounded amazing. The bass started to increase in the song, while a voice started singing.

Immediately Emily started to sing along, clearly she has listened to this a million times, "Ask why my heart is inside my throat, I've never been in love, I've been alone". Her voice is angelic, perfectly matching all the notes, harmonious with the singer. Smiling while she sings, it's adorable, her hands moving up and down in a dolphin like pattern. Her hair flying in all different directions. She looks so happy. I love seeing her like this. So often I see my team members solemn because of the work we do. So when I see them gleeful and lost in the moment, you can just tell they are truly happy.

Once again she joins in, "Are you lonleyyyyyy, our fingers dancing when they meet. You seem so lonleeyyy" immediately after she sings she begins laughing, I look over at her and smile. I look back to face the road so I don't by accident get in a car crash, trust me it's happened before...

She continues singing but I eventually get the feeling as if someone is staring at me. I look over and of course it's my Emily, singing the lyrics while looking at me. She does this all the time but this time it was different, a look in her eyes, she seemed as if she really meant what she was singing. "So if you're lonely, Darling you're glowing. If you're lonely come be lonely with me".

"What?" I say joking around.

She bites her lip and looks down, "Oh nothing".

"Ok weirdo". She places her hand on the center console with her palm facing up, clearly wanting me to place my hand on hers. Complying, I set my right hand in hers. Her soft, cold hands, intertwining with mine. Something about her hands just gave me butterflies, they're gorgeous. I never thought hands could be so breathtaking.

"I know this is completely random but you should be a hand model" I say while I pull into the apartment complex's parking lot. Emily doesn't say anything, she just looks directly into my eyes and smirks. We both let go of each other's hand and get out the car.