Chapter 4

~ inside the apartment ~

Emily's Pov:

Jj's apartment is a decent size. Two bedrooms, one bathroom, a kitchen, and a small living room. The whole apartment screams Jj. All completely modern decorations, grey walls with white trim, but of course she has little plants everywhere, all of them in a different colorful pot. Her apartment is always clean, so much that all the countertops sparkle in the sun. But, it always felt so warm and cozy. Somehow Jay kept Will from placing his random ugly shit everywhere. I felt bad for her though, she always had to clean up after the slob. He would leave beer cans and dirty clothes everywhere. And what's even worse it's not even technically her apartment, Will owns it and lets Jj live there too. I've never liked Will, I know I shouldn't bad mouth my best friend's boyfriend but she could do so much better.

Immediately as we enter Jj flops onto her gray couch. "Heyyyyy Emmmm" she said in a super sweet 'trying to get something' voice.

"Yeah?" I say while hanging her bag on the white hall tree.

"Can you grab me a snack? Pleeeeaseeee" she says in the same tone as before, which personally I find adorable.

I walk into her kitchen and open a cabinet filled with bags of dried fruits and trail mixes. But she always kept a bag of Cheetos in the far back where Will wouldn't find them. "Of course darling. You want Cheetos?".

"Yes pweaasee" she responds while wrapping herself in a fluffy pastel pink blanket. I walk over to her with a white bowl filled to the top with crunchy Cheetos, her favorite, and a glass of water for me. I plop down next to her, snuggled up against her side. I placed the bowl on top of our closest touching thighs.

She flicks through the different movies on Netflix before remembering she wanted me to grab her something else from the kitchen. "Oh shit sorry, I forgot to ask you to grab me a glass of water".

"Oh it's fine. Here have some of mine", I quickly take a sip before handing her the glass. To us this is normal, we share almost everything. Clothes, cups, blankets, socks, beds. I love how close we are, she's my platonic soulmate, my twin flame.

We begin scrolling around on Netflix to find a random movie to watch. We have total opposite tastes in movies. I love sad or action movies while Jay loves romcoms. But I always just agree with any movie she wants to watch because I never really end up watching the movie, I mostly just look at her. Not in a romantic way though... we're friends. Yeah... friends. That's all I want right?

Suddenly the front door swings open. It's Will. You got to be fucking kidding me.

"Jennifer who the fuck is here?" He lazily drags his body over to where we're sitting, clearly drunk out of his mind.

"Just Emily" she responds, trying to fake a smile. Ouch.. just Emily.

"She needs to get the fuck out right now" he drunkenly points a finger at me. I try to fake a smile not to upset the asshole anymore.

Jj gets up, grabs his arm and drags him to their bedroom while saying "Will. Let's go talk about this in another room".

I hear the door slam. For a couple moments it's dead silent, but then all of a sudden I hear a smack and then a muffled screaming. I spring up from the couch and sprint over to the bedroom door. I knock. No reply. I couldn't wait any longer. The screaming sounded just like Jj's. I open the door to see Will trying to take Jj's jeans off of her while she struggles to get away from him.

"What the fuck Will" I yell. I shove him to the side, quickly punching him in the eye, and then a swift kick to the balls. Yeah that better hurt. He falls to the ground in a ball shape that guys do when they get their nuts kicked. I rush over to Jj and wrap her in a hug.

"Jay. Oh my god. Are you ok? Did he hurt you?!" I lift her head gently. Her left eye covered in a massive bruise, a small cut bleeding from the top of her hairline, lipstick smeared all over the side of her face. I'm gonna fucking kill this guy.

She tries to speak but she ends up sobbing while saying, "Emily. I'm fine...".

"Jennifer Jureau. You're not ok. You're coming back to my place. Come on", I help her get up and rush out of the bedroom. Slamming the door behind us so I didn't have to look at that pussy laying on the floor in a ball grabbing his crotch.