Chapter 5

~ Inside Emily's Apartment, in her bedroom ~

Emily's Pov:

I sat Jj down on the edge of my bed, while I rushed to the bathroom, connected to my room, to grab stuff to clean up her cuts and bruises. I kneel down in front of her and place a damp cloth over her eye to help the swelling of the bruise.

"Jj... does this happen a lot?" I asked softly. Tears begin to fill her eyes, she tries to hold them back but they begin to slip out. She looks me in the eyes and slowly nods.

"Sweetness I'm so sorry, you don't deserve any of this, no one does. I'm not letting you go back there. You'll stay with me. I can grab some of your stuff before he throws it out. Ok darling?" I cup the other side of her face, she leans into it, while I wipe after her salty tears with my thumb.

~ middle of the night ~

Jj's Pov:

I've been staring at the ceiling for hours now. Unable to sleep, because every time I close my eyes all I see is Will. Memories of him being so sweet, but then ultimately followed up by... well not so good ones. I hate that I loved him. I hate that he hurt me. I hate that I let him get too close to me. I hate everything about him. But I hate that a tiny part of me.. loves him.

My thoughts are quickly interrupted by Emily talking in her sleep, typically she doesn't do this. Weird. She's always been a deep sleeper, but luckily she never snores, unlike Will. "Jj... Jj... ohhh.. Jay" Emily quietly moans under her breath.

Uh I-. No that did not just happen.

I tap Emily's shoulder a couple times until she rolls over to face me, still sleepy she rubs her eyes, "Yeah Jay?".

"You were just... um...", do I tell her? Or bring it up as a joke tomorrow... yeah that's a better idea. "You were just talking in your sleep. I wanted to make sure you were ok."

Her face becomes bright red, "oh.. yeah.. I'm fine". She rolls over so she is facing the outside of the bed. I wanted to try and get some sleep, and the only time I ever do is when I'm cuddled up against Emily. She makes me feel so safe.

I tap her shoulder again and whisper, "hey em? Can you hold me?". She rolls back over so she's facing me, her hair falling in front of her face. She moves close to me and wraps her arms around me and I tuck my head under her chin.

She kisses the top of my head softly and whispers, "last Saturday I woke up like normal, made myself a small cup of coffee and put the news on in the background while I made a fruit bowl-". She talked about her day until she felt me drift off to sleep, Emily always knew telling me about her day puts me to sleep. I don't know how she does it, others have tried to do the same but it doesn't work. Only when Em sleeps next to me, I actually rest.

~ the next morning ~

Emily's Pov:

𝙱𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝙱𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝙱𝚎𝚎𝚙 rings in the background while I slowly open my eyes. I hate having to wake up, I'm so not a morning person. The only good part about waking up is getting to see Jj. Speaking about Jj, she's still tucked up against me, holding onto my side with a firm grip. I wish I could let her sleep longer, she looked so peaceful. But unfortunately if we were late for work Hotch would be pissed.

I kiss her forehead, her left then right cheek, and her nose over and over again until I hear her groan. "Good Morning sleepy head" I say while still kissing her all over her face.

She groans again while slowly opening her eyes. "I don't wanna get up" she whines.

I push her soft blonde hair behind her ear, "I know love. But we have to or Hotch will be pissed".

"No" she pouts. I begin to tickle her all over, knowing that she bursts out in laughter every single time I tickle her.

She starts laughing her heart out, squirming back and forth, but not trying to get away from me. Finally I stop, and pull the comforter off of us, so the cold air hits our skin.

Immediately Jj gets goosebumps and grabs onto me, "Nooo it's so cold".

I slide out of bed and walk over to the bathroom, "I'll start the shower for you, ok?". I turn the silver knobe and the hot water behind rushing out, causing the glass door to fog up. Jj runs up behind me and immediately begins to take off her clothes so she can hop in the shower.

"Jay?! What are you doing!" I say covering my eyes with my hands. Yeah of course I've seen her in just her bra and underwear but never fully naked.

"What? Em stop being weird. You're gonna have to get into the bathroom while I'm in the shower anyways" she says while stepping into the shower and closing the glass door behind her. I uncover my eyes and quickly walk out of the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I walk over to my closet, trying to slow my breathing, unable to get the image of Jj out of my head. I grab my red tank top, black jeans, and small black boots. Simple I know, but red if for sure my color.

I slip my clothes on and walk over to the bathroom door, knocking to wait for a reply.

"Yeah?" I hear Jj reply, even though it's muffled by the noise of the shower.

I slowly turn the door handle and open it a crack, "Can I come in?".

"Yeah weirdo". I open the door, immediately getting startled by the rush of steam that appears in my face. I stand in front of the mirror and begin to start my makeup. I make sure to keep my eyes down so I don't see naked Jj washing her perfectly, stunning, gorgeous, ethereal, sexy... wait no. I did not just say sexy, you did.. just.. shut up emily. I feel myself staring at the gorgeous woman, and quickly try to get back to what I was doing before she could notice.

She gets out of the shower and wraps a white towel around her chest.

Jj's Pov:

I walk over to Emily's closet to find something to wear. We both dress basically the same, her closet just having a lot more red and black in it. I find a black blazer, maroon shirt, and black jeans. Derek is for sure gonna notice me wearing Emily's clothes. I slip it on and walk back to the bathroom to do my hair and makeup.

I walk in on Emily curling a piece of hair, letting it go, having the hair fall perfectly on her shoulder.

"All done" she says while smiling and putting the iron down. She turns around to finally notice I'm in the bathroom. She tops for a moment and eyes me up and down, "wow. Jj.. you look amazing".

I try not to blush but I'm pretty sure I didn't do a good job hiding it. I bite my lip and say, "you do too Em". I love that red tank top on her. It complements her body so well, showing her perfect figure. The red matching her hair, eyes, and skin gorgeously. Emily touches my shoulder lightly on the way back out of the bathroom.