He pressed the gun a little more strong against this guy's head and unlocked it, as a sign that he's ready to shoot.
Oscar: „I said come with me outside."
Now his voice was not as calm as before.

They both went outside and around a corner. Sad Eyes followed them. I guessed as a backup in case something happens.

Then we heard a gun shot.

I winced like some people around me. But after some seconds someone started the music again and the people acted like nothing happened.

I was shocked. What the hell was wrong with them. I managed to get through the crowd quite fast even though Tanja and Keisha tried to stop me and headed outside and around the corner like Spooky and Sad Eyes did before.

When I came near to them I heard Oscar.
Oscar: „Get rid of this mess. I will manage it with his familia."
Sad Eyes: „Done, boss."

Then my eyes travelled to their feet. The body of the guy from before lay there. Lifeless and blood dripping from his forehead. Oscar shot him in the head.

I couldn't believe it. I mean I knew what Oscar did, I knew what he meant when he said he has business to do. I also knew he killed already people before. That's how things are handled here. But to see it with my own eyes was something else.

I stared at the dead body some seconds more. From one moment to another I felt sick. I threw up.

Just in this moment Spooky and Sad Eyes noticed I was there. They turned around and came to me quickly.

Oscar hold my hair while I threw up and Sad Eyes patted my back.

When I finished one of them gave me a tissue to clean my mouth. I did so and threw it to the ground.

I looked to the dead body again, but turned my face away fast when I felt the sick feeling again.
Elly: „W- What's- What's wrong with you??"
My voice rushed and I stuttered.
Elly: „Why did you do that??"

Oscar gave me a questioning look and also Sad Eyes looked confused.
Elly: „What?! Do you think I wanted that? Do you think he's the first guy who tries to hit on me in such an awful way? No! But that's not a reason to kill someone!"

Oscar: „Elly! You have no right to put yourself in our business. You are not born here, you didn't grow up here. I don't know how the things are handled back in Germany, but here in Freeridge in our hood we handle it like that. And do you think I killed him just because he hit on you? For that he deserved to be beaten up, but not killed."

Elly: „Then why did you kill him??"
Oscar kept quiet.

Sad Eyes: „Elly, there's a reason Spooky doesn't tell you everything. He doesn't want you to worry about such stuff. Just let me tell you, this guy was a bad man and he deserved to die."

Elly: „Y'all think I'm stupid, right? That I'm a little weak girl who can't handle such stuff? Tell me everything or I swear to God I will go out of here and you will never see my face again!"

Oscar: „Calm down, Elly."
He paused.
Oscar: „Well... this guy steal money and cocaine from us. Already dozens of times. We warned him that if he keeps going it will have more bad consequences than just to be beaten up. But he didn't listen."

Sad Eyes: „And he raped a girl some days before. When we were inside we got the news that he was the one who did it. Here in our neighborhood we can't let something like that happen. We went out in the garden to search him and then we found him all over you. He was out of control. Believe me you would have been his next victim. He deserved to die, Elly. And Oscar and I wanted to protect you. That's all I'm trying to say."

I understood why they did it. And it was probably better for everybody that he's dead. But I couldn't process all of that in my brain. I was overwhelmed.

Oscar tried to come closer to me and hug me, but I stopped him. I turned away from him. I saw that he was mad about that, but I didn't care.
Elly: „Just give me a minute."

Oscar's view

I saw that Elly was mad at me. And it hurt me very much.

I understand that all this is new for her. But she can't be seriously mad that we shot a thief and rapist who tried to do the same to her.

Maybe it would help to tell her how old the girl was he raped... But on the other hand I didn't want her to be more shocked.

Still, I couldn't handle her being angry or mad at me. I love her so much and I am more than blessed that she even considered to be with me. I still couldn't believe that she was really my girl. Just mine.

She always said she is not fine with my business, but she also didn't want to put herself in my decision to stop or keep going. I know she wants me to stop it myself.

That's exactly the reason I tried to keep her out of all this. So she doesn't see my dark side and feels scared or disgusted.

I couldn't let that happen.
Oscar: „The girl was 12."

She stopped and turned around slowly. Her mouth opened.
Elly: „12?"

Sad Eyes and I nodded.
Elly's look rested on the dead body behind me. But now her look was not disgusted, scared or pity anymore. It was cold and I saw hateness in her eyes.

Elly: „Let's go Oscar. I think Sad Eyes and some of your other Santos can bring the rubbish away alone."

I smiled. Elly was a good-hearted person, for sure. But she could be hardcore when she wanted to.

Elly's view

After the party was over I spent the night at Oscar's place. I was drunk, smelled like alcohol and marihuana and was still confused from before. Like that I didn't want to face my parents.

Elly: "Thank you for protecting me today, papi."

Oscar: "Of course, mi amor. You are my familia, and you don't mess with family."

Oscar slept next to me in my arms. He likes it when I hold him. Yes, even tough guys like him, or especially those, like to be cuddled and to feel loved and safe.

I couldn't sleep for hours more. I had a small internal crisis going on in my head.

Killing was not right, everybody knew that. But what about killing to protect yourself or other people around you. Most people think then killing could be okay or justified, especially when it came to sexual abuse of children. I was no different than that. In my opinion, every child molester deserves worse than just death. So in that case Oscar did the right thing today. He revenged for what this man did to the girl and he prevented it from happening to someone else. This thought calmed me down.

The only problem left for me was that the Santos and all other gangs also kill for smaller reasons. Stupid reasons. Like territories, drugs, money, stealing.

I started to have headache.
Another thought crossed my mind. Where's my crew at? I didn't have good contact to them the last days, but I didn't hear of them the whole day. Even Cesar was not at the party today which is very unusual.

I wrote all of em a message in our group chat asking where they at.

I thought to myself, maybe they got kidnapped. I laughed about that ridiculous thought.

———— end of season 2 ————

Please don't forget to upvote and/or comment if you like the story. I would appreciate it ☺️