Chapter Eighteen

"The people who hide their feelings
usually care the most."

~~~~~

Xiao, Aether, and Diluc stared at distance as they sat on top of Davalin who was flying them to their destination in Dihua Marsh. It was a momentary silence in which the three males didn't know how to strike a conversation with one another.

Soon enough, Davalin was flying down to an open space to land. The strength from his wings blew dust all around the area as the loud thump was heard the moment his claws hit the ground.

Getting of the dragon, he immediately flew away after greeting the three men with good luck on their adventure.

"Where to Master Diluc?" Aether looked at their claymore using companion.

"You wait," Diluc replied, his eyes scanning the perimeter. "I need to talk to my source."

"Why can't-"

"My source would prefer to keep his identity anonymous," Diluc cut off the now curious traveler.

Xiao gave a look of disinterest and scowled, "Just hurry up."

"Fine."

Diluc went on his way to find the source that he was talking about while Aether and Xiao sat down in silence. Neither one knew what to talk about nor what they should talk about. The only one that had kept them together as a team had been you and now without that connection, the awkwardness was fully apparent.

"Lets save y/n and bring her back safely," Aether finally spoke, looking out at the distance with his chin on his hand.

"Yeah," Xiao replied. "Lets save her."

Despite the frustration of having to rely on the help of someone to save you, Xiao pushed it away because he knew that he needed all the help he could get. It didn't matter if he lost his pride or lost his life. As long as he would be able to save you, that satisfaction alone would be enough for him. You were after all his beloved crush. The one that he loved with all his heart and the one that he found most important in the whole world.

The two males were left in silence though this time, the awkwardness had left and in its place was a similar determination to save you.

After the passing for around 20 minutes, their other companion finally made it only to be greeting by silence.

"Lets get going," Diluc ordered.

Leading the way, the other two followed him through the uneven ground of Dihua Marsh. Surprisingly, the area had been void of any hilichurls and slimes and they were able to make it to the surrounding area of their destination.

"This feels off," Aether whispered to Xiao and Diluc who nodded in agreement.

Currently, the three of them where kneeling in a somewhat obscured area not too far from an old looking mansion. Covered with vines and obscured in various trees, the mansion that was now their target was truly a well hidden place that not many would realize existed. It was the perfect spot to hide someone that you kidnapped.

Gradually building up thr courage to enter the unknown territory, the three men sneaked around the mansion in hopes of finding an area where they could enter in modest secrecy.

"How should we sneak in," Aether whispered after the three of them had done a full circle around the mansion.

Without any luck, the three of them were unable to find an entrance other than the front door that would most definitely notify the current residents of the mansion.