Chapter Six

"Its hard to forget someone
when they have given you so much to remember."

~~~~~~

The adeptus had continued to watch you, Aether, and Paimon have the time of your lives. Following you through Wanmin restaurant to the commissions desk of Katheryne and finally to Guili Plains where the Ruin Guard was said to he. He had skillfully followed the three of you as he waited for the best moment to appear. After all, it would be very awkward if he of all people went up to you out of nowhere.

Continuing in following after the three of you, Xiao watched as you and Aether fought against the Ruin Guard. Impressing him, you and Aether both made quick work of the machine.

"You really are amazing y/n," Xiao smiled as he watched you from the distance.

Soon after, he had noticed 4 powerful presences thay were headed towards you. Quickly bring out his spear, he got ready incase he would have to jump in. He would definitely protect you even if it cost him his life. After all, you were the only one that he had ever dearly cherished.

Three Ruin Guards and a Ruin Grader appeared in the distance and shot missiles which had nearly hit you to the fear of Xiao. When he noticed that Aether had saved you, he mentally thanked the traveler even though he didn't like the man. As long as you weren't hurt, he could deal with his jealousy.

After a long while of watching you and Aether fight the Ruin type monsters Xiao got ready to attack. You had been trying to damage the machines to no avail and Aether was practically unconscious. He needed to do something.

Brandishing his spear, Xiao ran forward and dashed at the enemies. He his the hard armor of the Ruin Guards with a powerful attack and somewhat damaged it. Even though he was able to get a critical hit on the guard, it wasn't enough so the adeptus knew that it would take a long time to beat them. They were quite powerful, stronger than what he had expected.

He had continued to attack it at high speeds. Before placing his mask over his face to increase his power. Even though it had a huge toll on his body, by equipping the mask and releasing his true power, Xiao would be able to defeat the monsters much quicker. By wearing it, he would be able to protect you more efficiently even if he would get badly injured from it. It was a risk he was willing to risk.

Suddenly to his surprise, Xiao felt a huge surge of power flow through him that was far too different from the increased power of his yaksha mask. It felt like a comfortable and calming wind carried him and embued him with strength unlike the mask that forced his body to go through large amounts of pain before he would be able to gain power.

The calming wind that he was feeling seemed to be combating the pain of the mask while increasing his power three-folds. With this, he knew without a doubt that he would be able to make quick work of the enemies.

Jumping up before doing a plunging attack, Xiao continued to attack and plunge the Ruin Guards and Ruin Grader leaving them no time to attack or defend. After a few seconds, all the monsters had been defeated.

Xiao looked at the ground after realizing that it was where the power that he was gaining came from. It was none other than the magic circle that you had made to boost Aether's power.

"You saved us Xiao. Thank you," you said to Xiao who had started blushing under his mask the moment he saw your smile.

Not wanting to hear how his voice would sound if he were to reply to you as he was right now, he simply gave a small nod before disappearing and going back to where he was before the monsters had shown up.

Removing his mask, Xiao felt his heated cheeks and sighed wondering how you could have made him of all people react that way with just a smile. His heart had started beating fast after he had seen the genuine smile that you had shown him which had reminded him of the times that you and him had together in the past. He had definitely fallen hard.

"You're the only one that can make me feel like this y/n," Xiao said to himself as he tried to calm his beating heart.

He watched as you had finally healed Aether who was now conscious before starting to go back to Liyue Harbor to receive the commission award. Continuing his plan of following you, you had finally made it to Liyue and talked to Katheryne who had given you the reward.

Wanting to get a little closer, Xiao leaned on a tree - hidden from view - not to far from where you were. I'm his eyes, you were utterly beautiful and he wanted to see you every day. He couldn't help it. He had fallen in deep love you for you and best of all, you were the same person that he remembered all those year ago - though, you were memoryless.

"Xiao?" Paimon suddenly flew up to him after noticing a familiar green hair sticking from the side of the tree he was leaning on. "What are you doing here?"

"Nothing," Xiao coughed, trying to look normal as to not break his cover.

"Thank you," you said after Paimon caught your attention. "Thank you so much for saving us Xiao."

Immediately turning his head away, the adeptus could feel his ears heating up when you had said your name. He was definitely embarrassed. You were not only thanking him - which was something that the adeptus didn't usually hear - but the smile that gave was just too cute for his heart.

"You also deserve credit," Xiao told you as he faced you again after calming himself. "It was thanks to your support that I was able to defeat those monsters quickly and efficiently."

"We make a good team don't we," you grinned. "Aether, Paimon do you think we could maybe let Xiao tag along?"

Xiao's heart started to beat faster when you had said that. It had reminded him of a time during one of the battles in the Archon War when you had told him that you and him made a great team. In one of the battles where there had been a decrease in people to support the fighters, you had joined in and supported Xiao with your abilities. The moment that you had stood on the field, everything had changed and because of your incredible strength boosting ability that seemed to counterattack Xiao's ability boosting mask, the two of you demolished the enemies. With the combined force of both you and Xiao, you had led that battle to victory.

It was a memorable time for Xiao for it was the first time that you and him had fought side-by-side aiding one another.

Paimon shook her head in disagreement, "Xiao would never join us. He's all keep your distance from me, don't get close to me, stay away and he doesn't like humans. He's not the type to join a party."

Aether sighed not wanting you to feel down, "If he agrees then sure. We could use the extra help."

"Would you join us Xiao?"

"I-"

You grabbed his hands and held them tightly hoping that he would say yes. For some reason, you couldn't help but want to get closer to the adeptus.

Blushing profusely from your touch, Xiao surrendered, "Ok."

"No way!" Paimon exclaimed in shock. "Mr. No Humans agreed to join our party!"

Behind you, Aether clenched his fist from the attention that you were giving to Xiao. However, thay didn't go unnoticed to the adeptus who realized what had caused the actions of Aether. Giving a glare to the traveler, Aether noticed it and returned his own glare.

This would be a full-out war to see who would make you fall in love first.