chapter 35.

nostalgia, thirty-five

ghosts of the past

Jungwon had never thought about working in the photography field, and now that he'd experienced it, it would never willingly cross his mind again

Jungwon had never thought about working in the photography field, and now that he'd experienced it, it would never willingly cross his mind again. He didn't have the patience, but he'd still do it though, at least for the enthusiastic girl beside him.

     Yebin was practically beaming as each customer walked in, complimenting them with their outfits even though in Jungwon's opinion, they weren't all that great.

     They'd gone through what, nearly an hour's worth of photoshoots? Jungwon had to hold back his sigh of relief when Yebin told him this was the last one.

     "Good afternoon, Mr. and Mrs. Choi!" Yebin greeted as the couple walked through the doors.

     "Yah, don't call us that. I'm not used to it yet." The woman laughed. Yebin had known them since elementary school. They were high school sweethearts who decided to get married right after university, and now here they were.

     "She loves me," Mr. Choi whispered, earning him a smack from his wife.

     Yebin giggled at the scene, before directing them towards the set. She had them stand up in front of the white background, and asked them to pose however they liked.

     However, Mr. and Mrs. Choi simply stood next to each other, still as- in Niki's words- trees.

     "Um," Yebin began, not knowing how to break it to them. "Can you guys maybe do some other poses? This one's great, but how about one that shows how comfortable you are with each other?"

     Jungwon glanced at her, then at the couple's confused faces. "She's saying you have to look like you're actually in love."

     Yebin hit Jungwon's shoulder with the back of her hand, and he looked at her mouthing 'what?' as she widened her eyes at him. The couple still didn't seem to understand, and just turned to face each other awkwardly.

     "You could hold hands?" Yebin suggested. "Maybe hug and smile? Or something like this?"

     Yebin stood up on her tiptoes, wrapping her arm around Jungwon's neck and placing a kiss on his cheek.