Kian - Chapter Five

Start from the beginning

I was about to respond when a loud knock came from the front door. It caught both of our attentions as we turned to look at the door. Matteo got up from his chair and walked out of view and into the foyer. I was going to get up and go back to what I guess is now my room but I heard a deep laugh sounding from the door. I had already heard Matteo's laugh so I knew it wasn't his.

My curiosity got the better of me because I wanted to know who the laugh belonged too. Instead of retreating to my room like I had originally planed to do, I stayed put in my spot at the marble island. Matteo was the first one to walk into the room. Following behind him was another man who looked to be in his early twenties.

He was attractive like Matteo. They looked kind of similar in some ways actually. They both had shorter brown hair, both were tall and muscular, Matteo only had about two inches over this guy. While their facial structures were fairly different, one of the biggest differences to me were the eyes. Matteo had bright blue almost grey eyes, and this guy had darker green eyes that looked to be blended with a hint of brown.

Both men walked in the kitchen, Matteo went back to his cup of coffee and the other guy just stood there eyeing me for a moment. "Well I would certainly hope you didn't just pick up some random chick after nearly being killed. Although it wouldn't be the craziest thing you've done." He said and nudged Matteo's shoulder.

"Actually it is sort of something like that. However, unlike just being a random chick, I now have to stay here." I responded before Matteo could. I could tell this pissed him off as he sent me a glare.

"Oh well now I need to hear this story. I should have known something was up, you always kick 'em out right after you're done with 'em." The guy took the seat that was left on the other side of Matteo. I rolled my eyes at his comment which I knew was about Matteo hooking up with random girls.

Honestly so disgusting how some men just use women.

"By the way, my name is Kian, Love" He sent me smile and in return Matteo sent Kian a glare.

Matteo and I spent the next fifteen minutes explaining how I ended up here. It would have went by much quicker had Kian not interrupted us every two seconds to laugh at Matteo or call him a dumbass. It was quite enjoyable for me to see though. I mean he was constantly getting called out for what he did wrong and I hadn't had a word said negatively towards me.

I could get used to having this guy around.

Matteo Romano

He would pick now of all times to show up. Typical.

Kian has been my right hand man for as long as I can remember. Even as kids we were attached at the hip. While we are cousins in a way, most people thought, and still think, that we're brothers. We were raised as brothers. I was adopted when I was just a baby because my mother had been told that she wouldn't be able to have her own children. 

However, when I was six years old she got pregnant and died giving birth to my brother Cailum. Her death turned my father cold and ruthless. He had already been a widely successful businessman, but he started getting power hungry and so he 'expanded' his businesses and started getting further and further into the underworld. He had the funds to do whatever he wanted and eventually he found the man power to support it. I am the oldest so my father always groomed me to take over his businesses one day when he could no longer run them. 

His death occurred when I was just twenty-two. Part of me wanted to just ditch everything as revenge on him for making my life hell, but the other part of me wanted to take what he had and make it mine. So that's exactly what I did. How I made a name for myself. Now I'm twenty-eight and have accomplished so much more than he could have ever dreamed of.