Professor Pt 5. Wanda X Reader

Start from the beginning

she's here, she's happy, she's with someone else.

01:00 a.m.

My phone screen lights up, her name in bold as a text comes through. A text i've been waiting god knows how long to see.

Wanda- I need to see you.

I hesitate to respond but do so anyway.

y/n- When?

Wanda- now?

it's one a.m. she's crazy if she thinks i'm leaving now.

y/n- right now, can't it wait?

Wanda- No, please I need to see you.

Going now is only giving into her but not going is only prolonging the pain that I know awaits.

I follow the directions to her house. I stand outside her door debating on walking in or walking away but I just have to hear her out.

She opens the door, standing in my old t-shirt, her hair in loose messy waves, mascara smudged under her eyes.

"Hi." I gulp.

"Hey." She responds quietly.

She steps out of the doorway letting me walk inside. We sit in her living room in an suspenseful silence, neither one of us wanting to break it- until she does.

"I've missed you." She says, her voice barely above a whisper, sorrow in her tone. My heart twists in pain. I nod.

The heartbreak feels fresh as I stare at her.

"I never got the chance to say goodbye, and I saw you here, and I didn't want to believe it was you. y/n I tried so hard to forget about you." She says quietly.

"So what's this? Goodbye? You had the chance and you chose to leave." I tell her, frustration in my tone. Tears daring to escape.

"Don't you understand how hard it would be to say goodbye, I what to, I did. I just couldn't." she moves to sit next to me. I turn my head away from her, she uses her hand to turn it back to her.

"It's so hard to see you again, after everything." I breathe.

She wipes the tears from my eye. "There was so much I wanted to say I just couldn't find the words."

"anything, I just needed something." My breath shakes through my tears, they fall quickly onto my lap ricocheting off my skin.

"i'm sorry." She cries.

She stares into my eye for what feels like forever, the ever growing tension getting the better of me as the urge to kiss her drives me closer to her.

My lips mould against her, I taste her, remembering every kiss we shared like it was yesterday. The pain subsides with the connection of our lips. Salt from our tears altering the taste of each other. We hold on tight to one another to afraid to let go.

I pull back inhaling deeply. "There's nothing in the way anymore." She tells me but I beg to differ.

"Your coffee date?" I question.

"over, never again. Do you really think after seeing you, the girl I love with all my heart i'd hang on to some meaningless date?" She shakes her head to say no.

"Say that again?" I say, she tilts her head in confusion.

"Say you love me again." She laughs through her tears, of which I assume are now happinesses.

"Y/n I love you and your stupid habits, everything I love you 100%, heck I love you 3000, I love you to infinity." She laughs. We kiss, feeling her smile form against my lips.

"I love you, I always have." I whisper against her lips.

Finally after all the mess and the heartbreak I get to be with her.

No issues.

No complications.

Nothing in the way.

Just us.

Turned out our story never really ended after all.

A/N- I won't lie, trying to add the video I made was a whole fiasco and it's currently 1am and I'm not sure I'm happy with the chapter but here we are.

I think this might be the last part unless you want a lil time jump. If anyone has suggestions let me know I'll happily do them I just can't think of any (for this short story).

Love you all- Elle