ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

Depuis le début

"I just know she's fitted for that mission." Poe looked to the ground. "Poe, how many times do I have to tell you this? We are at war. At the resistance. She volunteered to be here. You cannot just let her stop." Poe massaged his temple with his course fingers. "I know, I know. I- I would never be the boyfriend who would forbid anything. Never ever. Of course not, who would do something like that? That guys are just idiots. I- I just care for her.", he sighed, but when he looked at the General, she looked at him with a wide grin. "What?", he asked, confused. "You said boyfriend."

"I said- what?" He thought for a second. "Oh, no, no! That was an example! She doesn't even like me as much." Leia smiled to herself, knowing that Eliora liked the pilot just as much. But time would play this out. She shouldn't say anything. "It's different now than before. I care for her even more than before the last mission, and knowing she almost died, I'm just afraid." Leia smiled sadly. "I know. We all are. But that's war, Poe. You also almost died. A dozen times." Poe nodded. "I know." "Have trust in her." He always had. "I have! Of course I have! I'm just scared." Leia smiled at the lovesick pilot. "Now, go get ready."

Eliora walked through the base with Finn by her side. She softly smiled at passing members, but they didn't return it. What played on their faces was a simple frown. Which was obvious, because they would all go to a risky mission. A mission that could either mean thousand of deaths, or a win, including many deaths as well. Deaths couldn't be avoided. Sadly. But this was the resistance. People knew that this is what could happen when there was war. Still, they were afraid. Like Eliora was. Afraid of losing their loved ones, who also happened to be put in danger every day. There was a chance Eliora could lose everyone in a matter of seconds.

She watched as Aayla prepared a X- wing for departure. Next to her stood Chloe, who was preparing Aayla's ship. Or rather checking if it's all good for departure. When Aayla spotted Eliora, she waved her over and smiled. "You're going to fly with us?", she asked with a grin on her face. She was referring to flying with the black squadron. Poe's squadron. She hadn't heard about Eliora's mission. Of course she hadn't, she was not leadership- not one of the important persons- so she wasn't part of the conference. And Jess must have forgotten to tell her. Or didn't want to tell her.

"I'm not part of the squadron, Aayla.", she laughed slightly. "Well you should be!" Eliora offered Aayla a thankful soft smile. "How have you gotten in?", she asked her best friend. "It might have been Jess who put in a good word to the General." Eliora chuckled and looked into Aayla's dark brown eyes. "That was certainly not the reason. The black squadron's the best the resistance has. There must have been a reason you got in. I think you're just really good." The black- haired girl shock her head and giggled. "Believe what you want." She was already wearing her flight suit. The resistance acted quickly- almost everyone had already been ready for departure.

"So, if not flying, what are you going to do?" Eliora bit her lip. "I'm going on an extra mission with Finn." Aayla furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean?" Finn spoke up. "In order to blow the oscillator up, we need to disable the shields first.", she began, knowing full way that Aayla already knew what this all was about. That they had to destroy the First Order's weapon. Starkiller base. "So me and Finn go there and disable the shields. Han and Chewie join us." Aayla's eyes widened. "What do you mean with go there? To Starkiller base? How?"

"With the Falcon." Aayla scoffed. "You've got to be kidding me." Eliora shook her head. "Look, when I was escaping Jakku, a really nice girl saved my life. Her name is Rey. She got captured by the First Order and is most likely on that base. So we have to rescue her, too." Finn nodded at that. Aayla sighed. "You almost died multiple times and now you're going on a dangerous mission again." Eliora bit her lip. That was true. But she signed up for this. She was at the resistance, there was no going back. Aayla moved her eyes from Eliora, to the man standing behind her. There stood Finn, who shifted awkwardly on his feet.