The silence settled.

The curtains around the bed were swaying slightly.

I suddenly missed the tick-tick of the wall clock of my old room. But this was nice too. There was no need to worry about the time now.

An eternity was waiting for me. Of imprisonment. Of being caged. Of being stuck. Stagnant.

At least, I wasn't alone tonight. The room felt more homely with his presence.

This was the proof that upcoming years won't be that bad to live throughout. I was sulking for no reason.

The delusions now felt safer than the sharp conscience. For once, I could think from my heart than the mind.

I could do nothing about the loss of eligibility to cross the border. The only best thing to do was to find the good in the situation.

The only good thing now was melting into his sweet embrace.

"When I marked you, I was furious. I was burning in rage and humiliation. There was this unquenchable thirst of claiming you in front of everyone. I couldn't wait. I couldn't hold back," he whispered quietly in his deep voice.

I breathed while feeling my stomach curling a little. The glimpses would always shake my heart. The fear would always crawl back to the surface. The rain would always remind me of my fate.

"The moment, my teeth pierced into my mate's neck, everything disappeared."

My lips parted.

His deep voice turned lazy by every second. I kept listening quietly.

"I was thrown into a world full of unique moments," he mumbled softly. "Lined up one by one in neat rows. As if I was walking on a plain hard path with lush colorful trees on either side."

I breathed into his earthy scent. The imagination kept forming in the dark.

"The sky was so bright and blue. The birds were flying far away. I could hear different voices calling out your name cheerfully," his words flowed smoothly. "The whole of my anger vanished. The wrath was gone. I felt calm. So hopeful. So brightened by everything. I had started to feel sane."

He was as much fascinated about this as I was. The mark. The memory.

"There were mostly strangers. Tons of jokes. Indirect wisdom. I didn't know one could live like this," he whispered and the words had started to get muffled as his mouth was against my shoulder. "I saw how pleasant it was to grow up with no expectations and no responsibilities. No siblings to catch up with. No parents to pull you back from the unknown. I will be grateful to grandmother for raising you like that. She never let you feel that your world was little. And it wasn't."

I blinked. The sudden new perspective penetrated the corner of regrets.

I wanted to smile.

"Ambitious from the begining. Finding the good in others. As you grow up, you observe the difference. What others had, you hadn't."

I expected him to not take my memories seriously. There were no adventures until two months ago. No hunting. No preying. No shifting into an extraordinary creature.

My world was simple.

But he sounded serious. I felt respected. I felt valued. Even when he wouldn't have find any conversation about him in any of the memories until I came here.

"I kept walking on the concrete path, able to curl my fists to collect the courage. Slowly, your family members appeared. Your mother. Your sisters. Some faces I couldn't recognise," he told me. "You found meaning in the moments the way others wouldn't. I didn't know you love seeing the tree out of your window so much. That you now miss waking up to see it."