Taehyung looked away from her. His previous emotions caused by watching Yoongi and Eunjin were long forgotten, and in place was the raw need to run away. He didn't know why hearing the girl's story made him so utterly heartbroken.

He felt relief when Eunjin sat across from them.

"Pran," Eunjin said, voice firm and dark compared to her usual bright cheeriness. "When my sister was murdered by your pack, your father stood across from my father and laughed. I remember my father saying 'Wait until it's your daughter!' But all your father did was laugh louder. He said 'Take the bitch. She is nothing.'" Eunjin's hand reached out to find Yoongi's, and she smiled softly when he gave her hand a soft squeeze. "That is why I'm not angry at you. I'm just hurt for Seokjin."

They heard Jungkook coming down the stairs, and they all turned to look at him.

"How is she?" Yoongi asked.

"She'll be fine." Jungkook sat down with them. "As far as Namjoon and Sungjung are concerned at least. Amarian is looking into why the baby has been growing so fast."

"Why aren't you with her?" Yoongi gave Jungkook a stern look, but Jungkook only shook his head.

"Amarian kicked me out. He said I was being too pushy." He pouted a little while Taehyung laughed at him.

"You're too soft, Jeon," Taehyung said as he wiped imaginary tears from his eye.

Jungkook finally looked at Pran and leaned forward. He rested his elbow on his knee and regarded her with a keen look. "I'm not too soft, am I? Surely you've heard of the great Jeon Jungkook?"

Pran had in fact heard of the great Jeon Jungkook. Terrifying, fierce, and now so madly in love that he was willing to pout in front of a potential enemy. "That depends. Would you kill my father if he showed up for me?"

Jungkook gave her a wicked smile. "He wouldn't have a chance to knock on the door."

"Then yes, I have heard of the great Jeon Jungkook."

——

Ana was the only reassurance Nari had. Sofia and Amarian cast spell after spell, and when they didn't get any sort of result, they would curse loudly. It wasn't helpful to Nari's ever racing mind, but Ana was there to soothe her.

"Do you need anything?" Ana asked her as she brushed her hair to the side. It was a motherly action, and that action fully presented the idea that Nari herself was about to be a mother.

It was terrifying. "I can't do this." She gripped at Ana's arm. "How am I supposed to do this? Be pregnant and fight in a war and bring balance? This is too much."

Ana nodded her head as she listened to Nari's worries. "It is so much for someone to bear, even someone as strong willed as you are. This is why you have all of us. You are not alone, Kim Nari. You and Namjoon are far from alone."

"How am I supposed to be a mother? I'm barely just a magical creature." Her voice was wet from tears, and Ana shushed her gently.

"No woman actually knows how. Not even magical creatures. It just happens."

Amarian interrupted them. "We need Eunjin," he said.

"Why?" Nari asked.

"I think it's the baby's ability." He put his hands on his hips and sighed. "I've done everything I can think of, but to be honest, we don't actually know what type of creature she will be. Yes, vampire and prophet, but to what extent? How powerful is she?"

"She's powerful enough to change the prophecy," Sofia said quietly. "I don't know if Eunjin can discover the ability on a fetus."

"There's only one way to find out," Amarian said.