Vol. 18: The Aristocats

//TW: depictions of alcohol abuse, abduction, animal endangerment, references to sex//
Word Count: 15,918

~Once Upon A  Time~

Which pets' address is the finest in Paris?

Which pets possess the longest pedigree?

Which pets get to sleep on velvet mats?

Naturellement, the Aristocats.

Which pets are blessed with the fairest forms and faces?

Which pets know best all the enchanted social graces?

Which pets live on cream and loving pats?

Naturellement, the Aristocats.

They show aristocratic bearing when they're seen upon an airing, and aristocratic flair in what they do and what they say. Aristocats are never found in alleyways or hanging around the garbage cans where common kitties play, oh, no.

Which pets are known to never show their claws?

Which pets are prone to hardly any flaws?

To which pets do the others tip their hats?

Naturellement, the Aristocats.

Aristocats, ils sont toujours, même quand ils font un petit tour. Toujours précieux la où ils vont ils sont fiers d'leur éducation. Dédaignant les ruelles, ils préfèrent les bars aux poubelles. Dont se contentent, trop vulgaires, les chats de gouttière. Ah, poisse! Quels "Miaou" reprouvent les gros mots? Quels chats chouchous s'estiment sans défauts? Et d'avant qui les autres chats tirent leur canards ?

Mais naturellement...

Mais naturellement, voyons, mais naturellement, les Aristocats!

Paris, 1910.

An elderly aristocrat, the retired opera singer Adelaide Bonfamille, was riding home to her mansion with her cats. Only two had chosen to accompany her in the carriage, the older, rambunctious kittens preferring to crawl about on her butler, Edgar, and the horse, Frou-Frou.

She smiled fondly down at the youngest kitten, adjusting her bright pink bow. "Marie, you're going to be as gorgeous as your mother one day. Isn't she, Duke?"

Duke meowed in agreement. Marie purred at the praise, curling up in her lap.

Meanwhile, the tabby kitten up front was trying to climb up Edgar's jacket.

Adelaide laughed softly. "Oh, dear. Careful, Toulouse! You're making it very difficult for Edgar." She chuckled softly behind her hand, reaching out for the kitten.

Edgar smiled thinly and handed her the kitten as he slowed the coach. "Woah, Frou-Frou, steady girl..."

The horse slowed to a stop in front of the house, waiting patiently to be unhooked and led back to the stables. Adelaide stepped out of the carriage, careful to not let her dress catch on the wheels or drop her parcel.

"Thank you, Edgar," she said, smiling warmly at her butler before going over to praise Frou-Frou with a sugar cube.

"Madame, wait-" Edgar hurried out of the couch. "May I take your parcel, Madame? It- it really is much too heavy for you, Madame..." He reached out to take it from her.

Adelaide just laughed, pulling away from him. "Oh, tut-tut, Edgar, don't you fuss over me."

The kittens were scurrying around the horse's legs, chasing each other, unconcerned with the events above them. Duke shook his head slightly and chastised, "Berlioz, come here. Haven't you forgotten something...?"