I Don't Need A Significant Other, Just A Significant Income

"(Y/N) you absolute fuck." Fugo held his head in his hands, having just suffered through an hour long road trip with everyone else. It was great to find her, but funny thing about Abbacchio's stand, you can't mute that shit. "How in the hell did you listen to Bootylicious by Destiny's Child on the highest volume imaginable for an hour and seventeen minutes straight. Why the fuck did you make us listen to Bootylicious by Destiny's Child for an hour and seventeen mintues straight."

"Okay the person I hitched a ride with just really, really liked that song, and I was already intruding, so I couldn't tell them to change it, you know??" She laughed it off, only to get the brains shaken out of her by Abbacchio.

"You think it's funny to just disappear out of the blue and force me to fucking go after you? Couldn't you just leave a note or some shit and not make everyone worry about you, for christ's sake?" His grip tightened around her shoulders, loosening just as quickly, but not by much.

"You worried about me, Leonie?" Her grin was beyond cheeky, and she got a good wack to the head for her smart mouth comment, but he didn't say no! Still, everyone was pretty upset that she walked out the door in the middle of the night. "In my defense, I was left unsupervised."

"Why did you even come here?" Trish was first to look around. Sure, there were a couple of cute clothing shops, but nothing too fancy. She would have understood if it was a sort of shopping spree, she did the same when she was really stressed, but the building she just came from was a bar. "You don't drink. And you don't smell like alcohol either..."

Giorno perked up when he noticed a familiar gelato shop. Wait, why didn't he realize it before? Was he too distracted by Beyonce's singing to notice the very familiar layout and roads? This was the sight of their school, one he's still admitted to, actually. "Isn't this the school you used to attend, (Y/N)?"

"Hm? Oh, yea something like that. Sorry for disappearing all out of the blue, I just wanted to see somebody again. Just to try and figure something out." She flashed a quick grin towards the group, glancing at Narancia, who entered the establishment only to be dragged out by Bruno. The younger ravenette perked at the tidbit of information, blurting out words that no one wanted to hear.

"Was it your ex or something?" He was quickly distracted by the tightening grip on the back of his shirt, and he tried to pry out of Bruno's almost painful hold, but everyone else, knowing the implications of meeting up with an ex, waited anxiously for her answer.

"No. She's an old friend. I was trying to see if I could jog her memory, just to y'know, see what would work and what would." Not that she hasn't tried that a multitude of times with other people, but this time, she could see their soul. "But it didn't work, so..."

"(Y/N), are you sure he knows you're still around? How did you even figure this out?" Fugo furrowed his eyebrows. They should be safe, right? They've met before two years ago, and they still remembered, so stand users had to have some sort of immunity.

"Well, you know how I can see like, 'souls'? I can see the life energy of a person and read it, but that means that I can't really see myself, since it's impossible to just... pluck out your eyes and turn them around to take a look, and reflections don't carry life energy. Usually. I got curious one night as to what I looked like, and I tried to look. The thing about the soul, it can change over time, but it changes throughout. If something happens, it affects the entire body. It's written in every particle there, to make a uniform... color? Color is a good word. Giorno's... looks kinda golden, Bruno is a sort of... like, royal blue? The previous boss could be seen as a magenta pink, close to Trish's, who's a hot pink, and the list goes on. So in my reflection, I got what little soul I could see from the tip of my nose and tried to project it in a way, and I didn't... I didn't see myself." she tapped her nose, contemplating her next words, how to describe what she saw. "I mean, the color was the same, but like... My reflection... It wasn't even me. It was someone entirely different, an older man with no eyes... And I knew, I could feel it, I know he could see me too..."

"Wait, but he had no eyes, so you're okay, aren't you? He can't see if he doesn't have eyes!" Mista chimed, hoping that it would help her calm down. Unfortunately, that just wasn't the case.

"Oh yea and the fact that he wasn't even in front of me when I saw him. I'm like, ninety-two percent sure I don't look like an old man, after all." Her nose wrinkled at the thought, and she sighed. "But there's no doubt about it. I know he saw me. And I don't think I have any other choice but to face him."

"(Y/N), you really don't have to... You're safe with us, he can't lay a finger on you." Bruno tried to comfort her, but she reacted as she always did, and he's starting to think it doesn't help much at all.

"He doesn't have to. All he needs is to go within a certain range of them all and boom. It's over. I don't even know how big the range is, to be honest with you, but trust me when I say it's big. Hell, wherever he is, if he were to detonate it right now, I bet it would still hit us."

"So you're saying there's a chance he won't even come to you?" Abbacchio was next to voice his thoughts, it was a good assumption, but he hasn't been targeted by that sick bastard of a man.

"No, he's too thorough. Every time he does it, he has to be there to make sure they finish the job. I have a feeling that he shoots the trigger the exact moment the stand goes off, so it's one or none. I mean, the only time he left it to someone else, I still managed to live. So I'm telling you, he'll come to do it personally. He'll come to do it in three days, on the anniversary of my mother's death."