Alas, There Is No Fruit On My Fuck Tree

"Alright! Paintball! Hell yea!" (Y/N) grinned, cocking one of the several modified guns La Squadra brought along to choose from. "So what are the rules going to be?"

"Well, we should make teams first." Trish scrolled through her music playlist. She really wasn't here to play paintball, god forbid she get a bruise from something like that. "Is it them against you guys? I can be a judge."

"Woah woah woah, we're the ones that invited you guys, so shouldn't we get (Y/N)?" Illusco scoffed, messing with his regrown hand. He had only gotten it back a few weeks ago, but he was confident enough now.

"That's not fair! We need to make the teams even!" Narancia butt in, hugging (Y/N)'s waist to drag her back to their side.

"Yea, but you guys brought her to even it out, it's your fault for not checking if she wanted to play or not." Formaggio grinned, hooking an arm over her shoulders to scoot her back to their side.

"Why don't you guys fight for it?" Trish scrolled through her phone. "LIke... capture the flag, but the flag is (Y/N)."

"Trish I really don't think that's helping-" (Y/N) coughed, being pulled apart by the two idiots. "Really, we can do two rounds-"

"Not enough time.  I like her idea, though. Because she's obviously gonna come to us." Ghiacchio stated matter-of-factly, getting the weapons ready and all reloaded. "Unless they're too pussy to accept just because they have one less."

"Fuck off! We're doing it." Fugo growled, taking the gun and turning it over in his hand a few times. Ah, shit. He's never used a gun before. Well, capture the flag was also about strategy, wasn't it? "What're the rules?"

"Uh... if you get shot, you're dead, no exceptions. Grazes count too. The space is pretty much already divided, so whoever has the (Y/N) on their side for longer by the end of the round, or whoever kills off all of the enemy, wins."

"'The' (Y/N)." Said girl rolled her eyes. "Ah, did you guys choose me because of my stand?" Soda City Funk fizzled beside her master, giving the group a thumbs up. (Y/N) could make herself lighter than a feather after all, easier to haul around. Yea, that could be fun.

"No, we chose you because you're easier to throw." Formaggio grinned, suiting up and forking over some of the paintball guns to their enemy team.

"I'm sorry what"

"Are we allowed to use our stands?" Mista toyed with the trigger a few times before his finger slid off to the side, totally not thinking about cheating with his own stand, but it wasn't as if he was the only one.

"Ooh! Why not? That sounds fun!" (Y/N) grinned, hurrying to stand in the open field that divided the two sections of the forest. Laying in the field, she waited for the horn to sound to start the game between them. "Hm... I know no one can hear me right now, but I hope someone chills out with me here, it's pretty nice."

A crisp blare of the air horn sounded the beginning of the round, and she shut her eyes, enjoying this short but peaceful serenity. The scent and tickle of grass, the rustle of the trees, the warmth of the sun, having just risen only a few hours ago...

Until a sharp sting dug into the side of her torso. "Ow what the fu- Whoa!" Suddenly dragged away, she recognized the coil of Fishy's stand wrapped around her waist, reeling her to La Squadra's territory. She weaved expertly through the trees, as light as a feather, as that was exactly what her Stand was being used for (much to the dismay of SCF, who could only groan and curse out her other half). It was a little dizzying, but at least it was better than being on a plane. She hated planes.

"Nice job, Pesci! You got her!" Melone cheered as the 'captured flag' hung before them. "(Y/N)~ I missed you! Why didn't you come visit us moreeee"

"Oh you know, mafia stuff." She grinned, waving her hand off as Pesci gently set her on the ground and apologized for hurting her. Brushing the strands of slick grass off from her clothes, Illuso helped pick off a few twigs out of her hair. "It's a really pretty day to spend outside though."

"Sure, although paintball probably isn't what a lot of people have in mind when thinking about 'spending time outside'." Prosciutto commented, shouldering the rifle he hand on his back and glancing around the woodlands. Not a good place for a smoke, huh? Well, she would probably be happy about that. "Sure some people would think of a picnic or something."

"You know? I haven't had a picnic in like, ever." Illusco scoffed. "I mean, who sits on the grass and gets grass stains all over them?"

"Yeaaa, I don't know anybody who would do that that's stupid-" (Y/N) coughed, obviously, she hadn't just been laying in wet grass until a minute ago. "But picnics are fun, very relaxing and stuff. We should have one later."

"That's a horrible idea. I don't think I would want to see anyone after this stupid game." Illuso glanced at Pesci, who was very much on board with the idea, and grumbled even more. "Who's idea was it to use stands? Mine is basically useless."

"So is Prosciutto, but you don't see him bitching." Melone clicked away at his computer, a cheeky smile on his face.

"That's because I can do more than just use my stand. I'm not a useless cunt who relies on their ability for everything." He commented, taking Pesci's gun to ensure that it would not jam if he does use it.

"I am not a useless cunt, I have an ability, so I just use it!" He bickered, undoing his manbun and flicking out his pocket mirror to redo it. "There's a difference between use and dependence. I'll admit, I used to have a dependence on it, but not anymore. Besides, it's really unfair when everyone else can use their ability."

"Mhmm. Yeaaa." (Y/N) nodded. "Really, that's so much worse than being the flag that's dragged around all over." Not that she really cared, to be honest. It was still all fun and games, and it meant she could spend time with most of them. "Well, you probably aren't going to be the first one out-"

"Ow what the-" He hissed, feeling a slight sting on his back. Turning around to check his surroundings, (Y/N) quickly fell silent.

"...Nevermind."

-+-

Why is searching for a good college so hard man...

Sorry for my lack of existing lmao