1| ɪꜱ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴀ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ?

Start from the beginning

Seriously, long time? Creepy stalker...

When I arrived at the respective floor, the lift opening, unlocked. Thank God! But before I can move out, he pushed me back inside, forcefully, as I hissed out in pain when my back got hit.

"Aadriti, stop being like this. I know my mother hurt your feelings, I'm sorry for that event. But, I'll make sure it won't happen again. Give me one more chance." he begged, which put my mind in a deep conflict.

Because I know every choice I make now will come with great impacts. If I accept him, I've to abide by upcoming humiliation. If I marry him, I need to live with my head down like a maid in front of his family forfeiting my self-respect.

No way...

"Let go of my hand, if you forgot I'll make you recall it once again, I am done with you.", I pulled my hand from his hold and moved out. I'm never gonna fall in love again.

Never...

"Aadriti, wait.", I ceased in my path by paying attention to his words.

But, when I turn around, I regretted it as my face crashed hard, with terror, watching him holding a bottle.

"What is that Mithun?", I shivered in fright, and took many steps backward feeling it's harmful. I just regret each second of my life, for loving him.

"You women always keen to break up with us as if it's a normal thing. Now, Are you breaking up with me because my mother belittled you? Or You got bored with me? Or", he quizzed but halted in the mid with a con smile, stuck on his face.

"Did you thought you could woo any men with your beauty just like you courted me?", he added further, that grossing out smirk went wide on his face, which enraged me.

I don't understand these men's points of view about women. Why can't we decide our life? Why we should adapt to their authority? If we don't submit, they're assassinating our character.

He is offending me, just like how his mother did. How did I not notice his nasty nature before? I just understood now, why we call love is blind.

I kept on taking several steps back as he equally competing with my speed. "Your worthless ego is something, I need to destroy right now."

He declared, with that, he lashed the glass bottle toward my face, which he held up in his hand. I stood still with eyes wide open, too appalled to make any move right now.

I wailed out, rambunctious, in misery, with all my resilience the very instant when the bottle burst on my face. The cries broke out from my mouth, came out like a cacophony as if it can erode my hearing impulse.

With that, my eyes shot open like two flashlight beams as a violent cry burst forth from my mouth before I could control it.

I sat up breathing hard as I got soaked in the pool of my sweat. Chiku yipped softly, before crawling onto my chest as he licked my face. He snuggled on my neck to comfort me as I hugged him back, massaging his fluffy hair.

His presence made me realize, it's just a nightmare...

I felt continual droplets tumbling on my face as they seeped on my cheek. I saw the roof above me and actuality hit me. The water oozing from it and I'm being foolish enough to think it's my sweat.

I wiped the water from my face and looked at the window, the rain jetting like stones. How come I didn't hear this at first?

I put Chiku aside on the table before giving him a gentle stroke and got up from my sitting position only for my legs to earn a hit against the door of the restroom, which left me, irritated.