༊*·˚Chapter 16˚·*༊

It was the next morning. The birds were chirping from outside. I groaned and rolled out of bed, literally. I laid on the floor for a moment, blinking up towards the ceiling. I finally shuffled to my feet. I could feel my tired, drooping eyelids. A yawn managed to escape me as I made my way to the bathroom.

I opened the small bathroom door and looked at myself in the mirror. My brown hair was all messed up, and my green-brown eyes were tired. I had a cheap comb I brushed my hair with. I always struggle with it, but somehow I was able to manage it without ripping my hair out. I paused. I looked down and lifted up my shirt. And under the shirt were scars. The bruises seemed like they healed, but the scars of my mother's evil-doing were going to be permanent. I turned around and attempted to look at myself in the mirror, trying to see my back. Didn't look any better. The belt marks from my mother were all over my back, and there was a purple-y scar that went across my back. There was a yellow-ish mark on my back. That usually meant a pretty bad bruise was there. I huffed, setting my shirt down. I got ready for school, put on my cheap outfits and left the apartment.

I was wearing a black shirt with a red jacket on and jeans that fell to my calves. I was walking to Karasuno.

After a few minutes I made it to school. The school grounds were filled with other students, but I only looked for a few students. My friends.

"Hey, Y/n!" I looked up to see everybody. I shot a grin before walking over.

"They have an official game next week." Kiyoko said to me.

"Oh, yeah, I know."

"How do you know?"

"Someone from Nekoma told me."

"Who was it?! Did anyone mess with you?! Was it that city boy, Yamamoto?!" Tanaka broke between the conversation.

"Oh, no no no, It's nothing like that. It was a guy named Kenma. He told me." I commented.

"Hm? You know Kenma?" Hinata glanced at me with a curious look.

"Oh. I met him somewhere at the park with his friend, Kuroo. And we played roblox with each other a few times."

"Kenma. He's the setter." Kageyama said calmly, though he had an angry aura coming from him.

It wasn't long before the bell rang and everyone headed inside and into their class.

Today, I had class with Suga. I entered class and shuffled over to my seat.

"Hey, L/n-chan." Suga turned to me.

"Huh?"

"Some lady came by yesterday and told me to give this to you." He slid an envelope onto my desk. I picked it up and it felt somewhat heavy. I opened it and there was a whole lot of yen. "Woah." Who would give this to me?

"Who is it from?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

" 'A woman with regrets', she said." What? Who in the world?

"Strange." I blinked. "If you ever see her again, tell her I said thank you, or something." The yen would be useful though.

"It's kind of weird because she came to me instead of you, or your mother." Suga leaned back on his chair. "She told me to tell you that she's sorry. And she's proud of you."

My stomach leapt at the word, mother. Was this my mother's doing? Did she do this?

"Her eyes kinda resemble you in a weird way." Suga huffed.

"Pfft, don't be silly." I glanced at him with a playful expression.

He laughed, "I'm serious."

"You're scaring me." I giggled. There's no way this is my mother, can it?