kylo ren | i'm the love of your life until i make you mad

this week has been insane, between tornadoes and working a couple extra shifts and packing for vacation, i haven't had time to write. but during my shift today i thought of this and i just had to write it

... it depicts a very unhealthy relationship so please be advised. thank u

He was meant to be yours

That's what you always thought. Ben Solo, your brown eyed sweetheart with the spirit of his father in him. The two of you were Leia and Han reincarnated. A princess and a scoundrel reborn into two Jedi that were destined to be together.

It just seemed right. Attachments were forbidden to the Jedi of the past, but Luke always said that fear of attachments resulted in the fall of the Jedi. Now he encouraged it to be embraced --- there was nothing that strengthened him more than the love he had for his friends. And the love that you had for Ben made you the strongest woman in the galaxy.

You lived in the temple, but your home was in your connection with Ben. The Force had given you a gift unlike anybody had ever known.

It was impossible to sleep, because you were laying next to him on his cot, his arm wrapped all the way around you to hold you against him. There wasn't any room to move and neither of you minded much. Most nights were like this; just you in Ben's arm, sleeping soundly in the silence of your surroundings. Nights were your favorites.

"Tomorrow we have the day all to ourselves," you whispered, staring up at the ceiling.

He hummed, half asleep. "We do."

"Mhm. We could train together. Or study together... or we can forget about all of the training and studying and just go to our meadow. Spend the morning and afternoon in the sunshine. Doesn't that sound nice?"

"Anything with you sounds nice," he mumbled, and you smiled because you knew that he was being genuine and not dismissive of your plans. "Anything at all."

You tilted your head to gaze upon his face. "Yeah?"

He opened one eye and smiled. "Yes."

After pressing a kiss to his cheek, you rested your head back on his chest. He was so warm and you shut your eyes as your body relaxed. It was in its most comfortable, safe place. His arm rubbed up and down your back slowly. "You're tired. I'll let you sleep."

He chuckled. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

He kissed your forehead. "I love you."

"I love you, Ben Solo."

Nights were your favorites.

But they weren't Ben's. Because when he slept, the walls of his mind went down and the whispers began. They were louder than they used to be. Sometimes they crept into his consciousness, too, and that was a new terror in itself. In his sleep, the same things were played in his mind again and again until they all looked right and real.