"But it's not just your problems, they're mine too. We're a family." Hoseok felt his chest tighten out of frustration.

Once again, money was the villain. There was never enough of it. It was hard to think of the times that money actually brought something good to Hoseok's family. He hated it. It was always working themselves to the bone all for some pieces of paper. Why was it so hard just to get their basic needs met? Living in this area was the cheapest in the city and anyone could see that. Homes were run down, crime rate was higher, and the education level here was lower. This was no paradise for a lot of people, but it was home to Hoseok.

He just wanted his family to be able to live their lives happily. Why can't they keep their shop? It was supposed to be their income, but now it was only eating at their savings. Money was going away fast when it was mom's dream. Dad drives on the road for long hours just to make her dream happen yet that seemed to be too much. Were they not even allowed to dream? Hoseok felt the familiar burning sensation in his chest. He was so exhausted of his family struggling all because of the restrictions of money. No matter what, they were always stuck in their little hole of poverty.

"You're our baby though, Hoseok. It's not your job to support this family financially." Mom shook her head. Hoseok pursed his lips knowing where his parents were coming from. Especially when he met eyes with his dad. It hurt their pride if they needed to ask for money from their own son. They didn't want to burden him with that responsibility even in the slightest.

"I know what I earn may not always be enough." Dad sighed, tension hanging heavy in the air. It was pushing down on all three of them and it made it hard to breathe freely. All they felt was a subtle sting in their chest that reminded them of how they've always been stuck in this problem for years. It wasn't anything new. "But my most important job is to take care of my family. I don't want you struggling with this one before you even start your own."

"I don't mind helping, Appa." Hoseok insisted though his parents weren't budging.

"We won't accept money from you, Hoseok." Dad remained stubborn. Mom was on the same page as her husband as she gave Hoseok the same stern look. They were doing this because they loved him, but he loved them too. He was tired of seeing them bust their backs just trying to survive. He didn't want that for them anymore. Now that he could work, he wanted them to accept his help. Hoseok was willing to put his life on pause to make their lives easier.

"I was never blind to how hard the both of you struggled with money when I was young and it's too hard to ignore it now that I'm older," Hoseok said. His parents were silent, keeping their gazes low because they were ashamed. They had hoped to blind him from their flaws growing up. They wanted him growing up happy without worrying about his poor parents. "I can't just sit back and do nothing."

"We'll figure it out, Hoseok." Mom tried to give him comfort, but it wasn't working. It was pushed aside as Hoseok shook his head. Always with the hopeless positivity to shield him. He was sick of it.

"I'm helping this family because I'm a part of it too. The both of you raised me to be hard working so that's what I'm gonna be," Hoseok said his piece. They may not want his money, but they were going to have to take it.

Hoseok's parents exchanged glum looks. They could fight all they wanted about whether Hoseok should help out or not. That wouldn't change the fact that they were in need of money. Maybe things would be easier if Mom closed up the shop for good. That was just not a reality that Hoseok wanted to ever come true. He doesn't care what it takes. He's going to keep what belongs to him. His family deserves their dreams too. Hoseok will make it last forever for his parents if he can. Even if the stress of money leaves a bitter taste in his mouth.