ghost 14

Deja sat in her office reading through a manuscript, She usually does this from home but she had decided to come into the office today because of what was going on at home .. Plus Derek's presentation was today and she wanted to know first hand if they we going to use his poster or not. It was better than being in the house with Jayceon.

They didn't speak to each other on Sunday at all .

When she went up to her room she heard the basement door slam and that was it. She wasn't going down there because she knew she wasn't wrong and Jayceon wasn't coming upstairs because .. What the hell he look like coming upstairs anyway.

Deja was still mad at him for what he said and she wouldn't let it go lightly. She would not talk to him until he apologized for what he said because she knows he said it to be hurtful.

She thought what has she gotten herself into? Did she not think this through? Yes she agreed to help him and she meant it but is it wrong because she's not in a rush to do so ? is she wrong because she not in a rush to take two lives ? She knows that they deserve it and she has always been a person of her word but killing ANYBODY is not easy especially when they are not the villain of your story.

She wasn't even reading the manuscript at this point because she was thinking of the situation for the 20th time today. She just wanted to punch him in the face but honestly she felt like her words were enough.

A knock at her office door snapped her out of her thoughts.

" Come in"

It was Derek with a sad look on his face .

" Oh no .. tell me they didn't deny you?" She said putting the papers down.

" Well .. " He had his head tilted down a little .

" THEY PICKED ME! " He looked up with a smile.

" See I knew they would! Congratulations! " She smiled standing up hugging him.

" We gotta go out tonight to celebrate! " He said.

" Are you adding something to Monday's now ? " She asked .

" This bar I go to all the time! The food amazing!" He said .

" It's a date! " Deja said .

" I'll pick you up at 7? "

" Yup! " Deja pecked his lips.

" Alright I'll see you tonight!" Derek walked out her office .

She sat back down with a smile on her face and was now thinking about Derek and tonight.

——

Jayceon sat downstairs on the basement steps in the dark in his own head. He could hear Deja just coming home from work and as much as he wanted to go upstairs to see her he didn't. As much as he wanted to invade her dreams last night he didn't.

The way she talked to him on Saturday made him want to end her forreal but He couldn't do it. He would've did it to anybody else but something about her made him want to just relax.