21. Life is give and take

SMILE

Chapter 21: Life is give and take

Third person's P.O.V

"Ma'am, you can't go in there!" A bodyguard yelled, with about a few more from behind. "Ma'am!"

Their words fell on deaf ears as Nicole trudged past, sparing not even one of them so much as a glance nor acknowledgement. As she approached the double doors right in front of her, she pushed them open, eyes fixated ahead of her - on one person. One target.

Her mother.

She barged into the large study room with no care in the world. Bam! Went the raging noise that erupted as a result of the sudden clash of the double doors and the finely painted walls. Greeted with a beautiful sight of luxury, Nicole dared to stand before it, in a now old looking cocktail, ball gown.

The ends of the dress had been torn - almost thoroughly - by the gravels and stones present at the graveyard, dust and dirt all over it like a work of... It was in fact, despicable. It was nothing Russo Evans; the designer - would have loved to see. Even worse, she had no shoes on. She was barefooted!

Barefooted!

Where the hell had she put those glass shoes?

Mrs Montez glanced at her own daughter with an unimpressed look, her firm tight lips pulling into a frown. From head to toe, she accessed the 'imperfection' in front of her, overly irritated at the sight in front of her. With the wave of her hand, she dismissed the approaching bodyguards of whom nodded in understanding and respect, then shut the doors as they turned around, giving mother and daughter privacy.

Nicole just stood there, her back turned to the double doors - few steps away from it, more away from her mother. This was much more symbolic to how close she was to escaping from psych ward yet so far away from her mother.

From deep blue - to deeper blue - to the deepest shade of blue, her eye colour metamorphosed but couldn't match the level of anger that settled in the depth of her. It could rather show than compare.

Those set of blue twins held more anger than the devil got sinners. They stared ahead, glared ahead, at the being in front of them. And let me tell you, it was not just the anger, it was not just the rage. It was brokenness - just coated in another emotion. Coated in rage.

Mrs Montez raised a brow in question, seeming unfazed.

She was a very busy woman who time was very precious to, so the thought of wasting it didn't seem impressive to her. She dropped her pen on top of the paperwork, then intertwined her hands with no pressure laced in. Again, she raised a brow at her daughter. It was a battle of deep silence and stares. Deadly and lethal stares.

Mother and daughter, indeed.

"Cancel it." Nicole broke the long lasting silence, but not enough to break that of the tension, nor cut through it. The air was intense. It truly was. Still, Mrs Montez did nothing but raise a brow, as if to say she had no knowledge of it. "You know what." Said Nicole.

"It's a business agreement," Mrs. Montez said. "not argument."

"I said cancel all of it!" Nicole yelled, taking a step forward. She was determined - by all means - to put an end to all of these. This time she wasn't gonna keep quiet and watch her mother step over her like was nothing. She was not gonna be controlled nor was she gonna be commanded. She was not gonna sit still and watch as it slipped through her hands. Nope.