8.Dance with the devil, you'll burn

SMILE

Chapter 8: Dance with the devil, you'll burn

Nicole's P.O.V

5:00 am.
My alarm blared.

I took the sheets off so quick as I jumped out and put on my flip flop. I knelt down, my psych gown covering my knees and my hands clasped together, eyes closed.

"Dear lord, please don't let me be stabilized today." I pleaded.

"Please let mum come get me out of this hell. I need to see Ariana again. And let my dad's soul rest in perfect peace." I prayed, doing the sign of the trinity I had learnt.

"Let us all be happy together when mum comes back for me. Even if its been a month in here now." I sighed, leaning on a bit of hope.

"Psych ward is hell. Yes it is!" I admitted, feeling already irritated just by spitting out those words.

"But at least its my hell, not theirs." I muttered, begging the lord for forgiveness on behalf of my family who never came for me.

"Anger isn't perfection." I repeated this words severally. They were mum's before she discarded me.

"Please, lord, please." I begged in conclusion. "Let thy will be done!"

Door opens.

Screams.

Slaps.

Will these nightmares ever end?

"Shit." I muttered, catching my phone before it finally landed on the floor. "Double shit." I cursed, staring at the books that fell off my arm, scattered on the floor.

"Need help?" Asked Juliana Cross, casually leaning against my own locker while typing away on her phone, not taking a moment to look away from it. Not even once.

"Sure." I answered, crossing my arms. "When you're done texting and leaning against my locker."

"Oh good, cos I was not planning on helping either." There was no hint of sarcasm laced in her tone as she spoke, still not putting her phone away. "No need to show off my panties to the whole of Standard high." She explained.

"Then why did you ask?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"Don't know." She shrugged. "And I suggest you don't either, cos we are both dressed like hoes." She said, moving out of my locker to the one beside it. Still typing.

"Speak for yourself." I ignored her, earning a scowl in return, to which I flipped her off, before picking my books and placing it into my locker once I unlocked it. "Why are we here again?" I asked Juliana, pushing the books in.

"We're waiting for Ella so we can go to practice." She explained. I took out my duffel bag slowly, afraid the books may fall out.

"It has been ten minutes." I said, leaning against my closed locker.

"Coach is so gonna lose her shit." She laughed. "Oh, she just texted me. . . on her way."

¶¶¶¶