Chapter Thirty Nine

"Wonder what this scroll will have in it?" Carlos mused as he unfurled it.

The weekend came before Mal knew it, and she found that she was actually excited to watch Jay and Carlos try out for Tourney.

"Who wouldn't be?" Kitty grinned. "Tourney's the best thing to watch!"

It would at least be more entertaining than watching Blueberry do Chad Charming's homework for him.

"I'm sorry, what?!" Cinderella and Kit exclaimed.

"She's...I'm not..."

Rachel shook her head. "I think most of the girls here have done your homework for you Chad. History report for a date sound familiar?"

"Life Skills without Magic paper," Elle said, holding up her hand.

"Basic Chivalry essay," Robin added, shaking her head in slight disgust. "In my defense, Will was going out with someone else and it was mom and dad's holiday party. I couldn't not be with someone."

Mal rolled her eyes before looking at Fairy Godmother. "So what? You don't recognize that the papers and homework are in different handwriting styles than Charming's?"

"All our papers are typed up," Ben said, looking at Chad with his patented puppy dog eyes of disappointment. He didn't really realize what he was doing, but he was doing it.

"Of course they are," Uma muttered.

Kit sighed. "Young man, your mother and I are going to be having a talk with you about this!"

"...yes dad," Chad muttered.

Honestly, what is she thinking? That Charming would just go out with her if she does his work? Mal thought with an eye roll.

"Considering that's Chad's MO from what we've heard around school? Yes, more than likely," Lucy said, nodding her head.

Mal and Uma's eyes narrowed at that. They were the only ones who got to mess with Evie. Er...Blueberry.

Still, a small part of her couldn't help but be a little amused by the whole thing. Blueberry was getting played by the same stuff she would pull on the Isle. Mal would always have a front row seat to that sort of thing since she and Blueberry were often in the same class at Dragon Hall.

"Mother always said that boys don't like smart girls," Evie said, her voice soft as she looked down at the ground.

"Your mother's an idiot," Emma snorted. "Er...no offense mom."

Snow White shook her head. "Watch the attitude Emma but my daughter has the right idea Evie. If a boy doesn't like you for who you are, then they're not worth it."

"Yeah right," Audrey scoffed. "Everyone knows it's looks not personality that—."

"Well yeah, no one would like you for who you are because you're ugly on the inside," CJ snapped at her.

"CJ!" Harriet exclaimed.

"Runt's not wrong," Harry nodded.

"Harry!"

Karma was sweet. Or at least it would if Mal didn't feel a small tug on her conscious every time she saw Evie at work.

"Wait...how long has Evie been doing this?" Rowyn asked. "Normally with Chad, it's a one and done situation."

That tug was the reason why Mal spent more and more of her time throughout the week hanging out in Jay's room. She couldn't feel the tug if she didn't see Blueberry.