I must protect Kipo

The sweet smell of the morning's fresh air, awoke me. The birds chirping away there song and the breeze just gentle enough to sway the grass and tree leaves. Sitting up I stretched, Kipo was fast asleep beside me, we ended up at the other edge of the forest, still in wolf form. Wandering down to the fresh stream in front of us, I lapped up the sweet tasting fresh water. Hearing a noise in the distance, I stood as still as a tree on a non windy day. My ears tilted and slowly scanned the area like a meerkat, could it be more Sollmakor's? were they after our scent again? It couldn't' possibly be there Sollmakor's because the shield is up around the perimeter of the academy?. Rather confused, I went back up to Kipo and rubbed my nose against her cheek and her eyes opened softly, she stretched and licked me on my cheek. I quietly barked at her as a warning signal and nudged her to move, we jogged toward the noise as I was curious to see what it was, sniffing in the air I couldn't smell anything different or unusual. Kipo growled the loudest I've ever heard her growl, I spun around to see if she was alright, but she sped off to the left of us and I ran after her, twisting and turning. She must of been following a scent.

We came to a stop and there was a glowing light in front of us, walking up to it, I was unsure what it was at first but staring at it closer, thinking to myself, I thought it must of been the shield protecting the academy. I held up my paw to keep Kipo behind me incase it was dangerous. Something moved behind the shield, another black figure. It flew right into the shield and started waving it's hand chanting a spell. I howled at Kipo and pushed her to run out of the forest. Pacing through the forest me getting closer towards the academy building me and Kipo both howled to get Alaric's attention, leaving the edge of the forest me and Kipo came to a slowing stop with Alaric standing in front of us with his arms folded. He didn't look to impressed that as students, the rule was to shift in the basement, well until we had be trained enough. I tugged on his shirt and bowed my head forward, he didn't understand at first but he clambered on my back and I ran back deep into the forest to the shield, I just had to show Alaric that the Sollmakor's were trying to come through.

Sort of angrily he demanded at Kipo, "Run and get the headmistress and tell her to get our strongest students on guard. NOW!" Kipo nodded and let out a soft growl, turning around and running out of the forest, I watched until I lost sight of her. Alaric pulled his wand from his pocket and pointed it to the shield, he chanted a spell and his wand lit up like a bright light bulb zapping magic to make it stronger but it was making Alaric very weak. I started to worry about Kipo as she wasn't back yet, I howled for her. There was no answer, I panicked and let out a loud howl that scared the birds from the trees. Whining and panting I listened for her howl, she replied letting me know she was safe and on her return. Alaric started shouting as the magic slowly drained his body of power, the shield flashed with the light and sparked, flying Alaric backwards. The shield broke and the Sollmakor flew backwards and out of our vision.

Helping Alaric up, the headmistress was still no where to be seen neither was Kipo, I chucked Alaric on my back and growled softly at him to hold on, we took the same route Kipo had to get out the forest. I howled once more to get someone to open the academy doors to me and that danger was approaching, like a warning. Amethyst met me, holding the door's open, I jumped through the doorway and took Alaric straight to his office and onto his desk. Whilst Amethyst was attending to Alaric, I went behind the bookshelf and shifted, I changed into the clothes Amethyst had bought down for me, "Amethyst, where's Kipo? is she talking to the headmistress?". Amethyst replied "The headmistress is looking after her in the medical ward, I began worrying really badly, what if she had got hurt? I wasn't there to protect her?!. I sped to the medical ward and the headmistress was giving Kipo a bottle of glowing liquid. Catching my breath I spoke "Miss, please, is she okay? what happened?" The headmistress smiled at me "It's okay, she's going to be fine, her powers are quite new to her, she isn't used to using it this much in one go. Her body is just exhausted and she's tired, she just needs to gain her strength back.

Walking around the side of Kipo's hospital bed, "Hey gorgeous, how are you feeling?". I kissed her softly on the forehead and she smiled, grasping my hand I sat down on the chair beside her bed. Speaking softly Kipo replied "Hey beautiful, I'm okay, just a little exhausted, that was a lot to take in" giggling, I smiled at her, feeling very grateful that she was okay. The minutes of the day flew by as I tried my hardest to keep Kipo smiling, she ended up falling asleep facing me on her side and eventually I did too. I had simply forgotten about the shield collapsing and the Sollmakor's vanishing, everything felt okay for that one night.