A weekend away from the academy

Leaving the school grounds, with just me and Kipo. The feeling was too good to be true, I couldn't wait for this weekend, we could go running together, practice spells and I could shift whenever I wanted. We wandered along a river bank following it upstream to a more wooded area, Kipo chanted a spell "apto menelo afto maheta" and she flew right up into the trees, swirling around in a circle on the ground, looking up I couldn't see her. "Kipo! Kipo! where are you?! I can't see you?!". Kipo jumped down in front of me, crawling down from the tree, "Hey, did you start to worry where I had gone?!" she made me blush, "no I knew you was alright, you was just up in the trees"... we both laughed and carried on walking deeper into the woods. The sticks under our feet crunched and the left over leaves that had been there since autumn just rotting away beneath the soil. As we were walking Kipo turned to me, "Hey, lets find a spot to camp the night, so we can set up our stuff and go hunt for food". I swiftly agreed "that sounds like a great idea, I could eat a horse". We found a small spot, with a little area for a camp fire and hanging from the trees was a rope swing that somebody had tied up, which looked liked it had been there for years.

Finishing setting up camp, we sat and listened to the wildlife, I unchanged in our small tent and shifted, stepping out of the tent with my head held high, Kipo smiled and stroked my head and behind my ear. I licked her cheek and my ears begun turning in and out, listening for any signs of prey I could catch. My head spun around and I started running, the quick glimpse of Kipo that i saw she seemed confused at first and then ran after me. Leaping forward I nearly caught another deer, this one must of been a stag because it was massive. As I landed my paws slid across the dirt, I shook my head and Kipo flew past me chasing after it laughing, "Don't worry bub I've got this one!". The woods fell silent, I couldn't hear anything, just the sound of the wind. A twig cracked in the silence and out came Kipo, holding the stag in her holding spell. Jumping up and down in excitement, I let out a howl to congratulate her.

Carrying the stag back to our camp, I shifted back for the last time of the night. Kipo used a fire spell and the logs burst into flames, the colours that danced toward the sky, were incredible. We cooked the meat and turnt it into burgers, there were delicious. Me and Kipo sat on logs with blankets next to the fire, whilst I was toasting some marshmallows and I noticed Kipo shivering. Since I was a wolf/human hybrid, my body temperature always stayed the same. Well it was never the average body temperature. "Hey, Kipo grab my blanket, wrap it round you and snuggle up beside me whilst I finish these". She blushed at me and nodded, she curled up next to me and put her hand on my back under my shirt, she was freezing.

The marshmallows turned out scrumptious, Kipo had ended up falling asleep next to me, she looked so peaceful and beautiful whilst she slept, I didn't want to wake her but knew it would be much comfier in the tent on the airbed. I shook her gently and she came too, smiling she stretched and yawned, "Hey sleepyhead you fell as-" she interrupted me. "Hey that's normally what I call you", both giggling I asked her if she wanted to go in the tent, to go to bed. Suddenly there was a loud scream beyond the woods, I growled and held Kipo next to me, protecting her. Smoke starting curling in from no where, filling the air. Scanning the woods, I couldn't see anything because of the smoke. "Kipo grab your coat and go in the air please, NOW!" Panicking she flew up in the air without hesitation. I squatted down to the ground and felt it with my hands, no vibrations at all, so whatever was out there hadn't of been walking, quickly shifting i stayed quiet trying to listen for whatever was coming or whoever was coming.

Swooping down from the trees, was Kipo, "I know you said to stay up in the trees, but I have to protect you too". I gave her a stern look and a little growl but gave her a nodded signal. Standing my ground and still listening for any type of noise, Kipo screamed behind me. I quickly lashed around and a black draped floating figure kept flying backwards and forwards past her. I howled loudly at Kipo to get her down on the ground so I could keep her safe. The figure zapped her with magic and she fell , landing on my back I placed her in the tent to heal herself. Snarling at the figures Kipo shouted "There Sollmakor's! Professor Aqora told us about them In History class, there really dangerous!" I stood my ground baring my teeth and growling, the Sollmakor zapped the side of my leg, I dodged most of it but not all. Kipo packed up our stuff. She hopped on my back with our backpacks and I stormed out of the woods towards the school grounds. I could feel her fear and heart pounding, I wanted to tell her that we will get back safe and that we have to speak to Alaric, the librarian who knows everything about all the students in the academy.

Kipo called Amethyst to come up the school gates as fast as she could, we got there just in time as Amethyst swung open the rustic gates. Amethyst greeted Kipo and me, "Hey, is everything alright? you two look like you've seen a ghost? also why is she in wolf form out of school grounds?!". Kipo replied "Lets just get her in please, I think she's injured", Amethyst had a worried expression come across her face, "yes of course, come up to my dorm". I started whining to Kipo as my leg was stinging, she tried calming me down as I was hobbling up the stairs. Amethyst rushed the door open, swiftly yet quietly, I fell to the floor from exhaustion and pain. Kipo sat next to me stroking my fur, telling me it was gonna be okay. Kipo tried her healing spell but it didn't work, the thrash of the cut was too deep. Amethyst grabbed her medical kit from her cupboard, she cleaned, sewed and bandaged it all up but it wouldn't take long for it to heal as my body temperature would just burn it off and it would over grow itself on my skin, I opened my eyes and had shifted back to my human self, I don't remember it so I must of drifted out.