It's just the beginning

I didn't mean to kill them. I was hungry, I lost control of all my senses, the last thing I remember was inhaling their scent and slowly creeping around the dense forest. I could feel my eyes burning with the fluorescent yellow that only appeared when I was hungry, shifting or agitated. I didn't know what to do, I felt like everything was a blur and my head spun. Sitting down, my head settled and I came back to myself. Wandering back through the forest towards the school, my bestest friend, Kipo had bumped into me. An average height girl, with short blue hair, black jeans, a black tee with a white pentagram printed and black boots. Smiling, she spoke "Hey, where have you been?". "No where, just out for some food". Kipo smiled and knocked my shoulder, "come on you, were gonna be late for class".

Potions class had to be the most boring class I'd ever been in but the witches and vampires enjoyed it. I felt a strange sensation seeping into the back of my neck, as I turned around Amelia the Vampire was looking me up and down, she smiled an evil grin and waved. Rolling my eyes with a little smirk I looked to the front of the class again, sitting next to me was a witch named Amethyst, a averaged sized curvy girl, with pretty long black hair, she wore glasses and had small freckles on her face. She wore brown leggings with the academy's cape which was dark blue. she had got to be the most nerdiest witch in the class but I didn't mind her, she was sweet in her own way. Finally the bell rang for break and potions class was over, Amelia bumped into me passing through the doorway and whispered, "Meet me after school". I didn't know what to say, so instead I just nodded. Walking up the stairs to my dorm room, my veins started flowing through my hands, I was going to shift and I couldn't stop it or slow it down, I started to panic, I've always been told to shift in the basement on a full moon with the other wolves or unless we're training. Running into my dorm, I slammed the door shut and splashed cold water on my face, that seemed to calm the veins down and my eyes went back to light brown. I didn't understand where it had all come from.

Deciding I might of needed to eat something I strolled down to the canteen, Amethyst, Kipo, Haden, Willow and Amity were all sat at the table having lunch, joining them they all greeted me. "Hey, are you okay? you seem off today?" spoke Kipo, "I'm okay, I think, come up to my dorm room once you've eaten and I'll tell you." Kipo nodded and carried on eating her lunch. I arose from the table and went out to the field, I had to run, I had to feel the rush go through my body again. My eyes flashed yellow, my veins running through my arms and neck. I'd shifted in broad daylight, my soft white fur brushing in the breeze and my claws digging into the dirt as I ran. It felt so good, it felt so free. After a few hours of running, I jogged down to the small wooden decking sitting on top of the lake and laid down, seeing my reflection in the water I gently closed my eyes and fell asleep. I awoke with a very angry looking Kipo standing in front of me, with her arms crossed but smiling at the same time. "Afternoon sleepyhead, had a nice nap did we?". Shaking my head and stretching I slowly sat up, Kipo passed me some folded clothes, "you might wanna chuck these on and we should really head to our last class, you've already missed two". Giggling at me, Kipo sighed and turned her back whilst I got dressed.

That run must of really tired me out, I started drifting off but then the loud ring of the bell startled me and it meant that school was over for the day. I had completely forgotten that Amelia had asked me to meet her after school, rolling my eyes I took a deep breath in and started inhaling her scent to find her. Walking around the corner towards the training room for vampires, stood right in front of me was Amelia. Smiling she spoke "Well hello wolfy girl", baring my teeth with a small growl I asked why she had wanted to meet. "I wanted to have a talk with you about my little sister Kipo" I replied "What about her, she's my best friend, you know that". Amelia smiled again, "You will find out sooner or later that she means more to you than that" Running past me faster than lighting itself, I growled again as the smoke from her blew in my face. Sighing I walked back to my dorm, I flopped on my bed and all that was running through my head, what Amelia had said about Kipo. "what's gonna change between us?" "why is she going to become more important to me, she already is?" "is something going to happen to her? do I have to protect her more?". I drifted off to sleep with all these questions pacing through my mind.

The sun was beaming through the slits in the blinds, it was dawn, time for another day at Ravenhood Academy for all beasts and creatures. Dragging myself up and out of bed, I ran the shower and got some clothes out. After showering and getting dressed, I went down to the canteen for breakfast, Kipo was sat with Haden, Haden was her other best friend, they had wand training and spell class together. He was a average height boy, with a muscle toned body, glasses, brown short wavy hair and a personality of a jock/nerd. Some witches in the school could do their powers with a wand or their hands, luckily Kipo had the power to do both but liked using magic with her hands, rather than a stupid stick as she called it. Wandering over to them both I said hello to Haden but let out a small growl afterward, Kipo frowned at me "Hey, be nice, he's not gonna hurt me". Kipo patted the chair next to her "here come sit here, I bought you, your favourite breakfast". Smiling I sat down next to her and tucked into my breakfast, Luckily I'm a hybrid so I could eat human food as well as hunt my prey, animals and birds mostly.

After breakfast, the first class of the day had begun. I had to say goodbye to Kipo for now until we saw each other at break. I was excited for my first class as it was a training to control our transformations and it didn't matter if we shifted or not because it was a big enough enclosed space. Amity was my partner in class today, we were good friends but definitely not as close as me and Kipo. Amity's wolf colour was brown with a white fluffy chest but she wasn't familiar with shifting yet as she had started shifting a bit later than the class did. We did some running on the treadmill to get our heart rates up, but Amity shifted. She seemed angry at herself, I sat on the floor with her, put my forehead against hers and she transformed back into her human self. A couple of hours went by and class had finished, it was break time. I quickly had a shower in my dorm room and changed clothes. I waved at Kipo through the canteen doors and she come up to me, I grabbed her hand and ran over to the forest.